Two weeks till our 2014 trip and the snow stalking and general frothing at the mouth is in full swing. :)

One of the things I always like to do is start reading the area/avi reports to get an idea of what condition the snow pack is is. This was in today's niseko now avalanche report:

"The upper sections of Annupuri West Ridge are often glare ice, ice crust and generally very difficult snow conditions. Yesterday Hirafu Patrol rescued a guided tour customer on West Ridge. This is no place for guides to be taking customers. If you want to ride the west face and sidewalls please take the North face and come around to Chinpoku Rock. Always take care on the West face(coordinate F7)"

Does anyone know which map they are referring to? It would be a handy thing to look at - making sure I'm understanding where they are talking about? The normal terrain map I've seen for there (comes with the niseko rules) doesn't have that level of detail or map coordinates. And yes I did try the original report website but I couldn't spot it.

• SnowJapan Admin

I'm not sure myself offhand, but before the people promoting their own websites race in here.... if you can help here, please contact me and I will see to it.

Thanks.