You now what they say about men with big noses...............

yes that's right they have big hankerchiefs

Although I personally don't find it offensive, it's the same as a white man putting on an Afro wig, wide rubber nose and fat rubber lips....I think that we all accept that to be unacceptable

why's it unacceptable?

Because black people find the parody offensive. Would you find it ok to see a white guy dressed up like a slant-eyed Asian in thick glasses with buck teeth?

Blacking up golliwog style?

why's it unacceptable?

Because black people find the parody offensive. Would you find it ok to see a white guy dressed up like a slant-eyed Asian in thick glasses with buck teeth?

Blacking up golliwog style?

absolutely OK. What has that got to do with the ANA ad? Perhaps the only racist aspect there was: "typical Japanese reaction"

Japan’s All Nippon Airways (ANA) was forced to backtrack out of a controversy this week after the carrier’s new television commercial, featuring a Japanese actor that donned a blond wig and large nose to portray a Caucasian, was deemed offensive by some viewers.

According to an ANA representative, the commercial featuring a character in “whiteface” was meant to encourage Japanese customers to embrace international travel, not to stereotype Westerners.

“Our intention was not to offend,” said ANA spokesman Ryosei Nomura, according to the Associated Press. The carrier has since agreed to review several “opinions” before launching a revised advertisement.

Abe off to Yasukuni, killing dolphins, and now this. A fine start to the year.

My youngest is almost 18 months now but she's still blonde. She is of course Japanese.