I love snowboarding. The thrill off riding fresh powder feels like that that dream when you are floating on the clouds which float around the mountains of heaven but riding is not the only reason I go to the mountains in winter. The views from many skijos create the inspiration from which the aforementioned dreams come. Let's get some pics of these skijos in one place! I'm going to go with a one picture per skijo per user plus links rule. Thank you Norcal and Muikabochi for the inspiration from the "Maybe it's just me...." thread.

I'll start things off with the Kagurgamine ridge line above Kagura.

gallery_11952_349_817173.jpg

http://www.snowjapan...__fromsearch__1

http://www.snowjapan...__fromsearch__1

I could probably post a photo from just about any ski area I've ever been to. They have (almost*) all had great views, all in different ways. One of the joys of skiing/boarding.

(*With the possible exception of SSAWS.)

I guess it really depends on what you like to see from the ski-jo. Personally, I like epic towering mountain ranges... I'll post a picture of what I mean later.

A very good point and the point of pretty much all of them being fab is good too.

But my vote goes to Tanigawa Tenjindaira in Gunma. Magnificent views.

Second place is Zao Onsen in Yamagata.

The view from the Tangram ridge looking over to Myoko gives an interesting perspective.

gallery_10039_164_119214.jpg

woo woo I will be standing in that spot again on Saturday :friend:

OK I found it, last year at Tenjin.

Which reminds me, frustrating late opening time aside, I think I will go this season again.

It's just so breathtaking up there and I want to improve on these pics.

There are somethings I don't like about Tenjin but the views definitely outweigh the negative. I'll probably also be back there this year on a nice bluebird day :)

Hey Snowjunky...we can wave to each other as I will be over there at Myoko... :wave:

:wave: Chris :lol: Pies

You there just for the day Chris?

No....arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday in the afternoon.

OK I found it, last year at Tenjin.

Which reminds me, frustrating late opening time aside, I think I will go this season again.

It's just so breathtaking up there and I want to improve on these pics.

There are somethings I don't like about Tenjin but the views definitely outweigh the negative. I'll probably also be back there this year on a nice bluebird day :)

Yes, I go for the views and photos as much as the skiing - more so at Tenjin than anywhere else.

I was thinking about Zao as well. While it is of course picturesque, in terms of scenery it's really only the top bit (above the top gondola lift) and the monsters that make it really. But they sure do make it.

Id have to agree with Muika - The views from Tenjindaira likje the one he posted and possibly even more so from the cafe are absolutely breathtaking on a fine day loke last saturday. It has to be my favourite in Japan rivalling the views from the base building at TC Lake Wanaka NZ