Tip about driving around in the snow areas.( Maintenance)

When filling the window washer in your rental, make sure you don,t use water!!!. ask the attendant for the proper gear.

Last season a friend borrowed my car and fill it up with water thinking that he was doing the right thing. Big mistake. When I went to use the washers it smeared the window with ice blocking my view. i could not see a thing! like hitting a white out!!

It's good to drive carefully of course, but don't drive around too carefully when you really don't need to.

It frustrates other people into making bad moves. Lots of crashes due to this kind of thing, so I hear.

My washers wont freeze I got antifreeze in there which is good down to -60.

Obviously dont need more than -30 but hey what the hell.

Ease up on your breaks and leave plenty of room between you amd the car in front.

Use your gears to slow down on hills if your car is manual or semi auto.

Dont leave your hand break on if your in a snowy / very cold area as the breaks can get frozen on then you cant move your car the next day.

I left my hand break on my truck the other day forgot and the drums froze solid. Luckily I didnt have to use it.

It took a few days before they defrosted.

Don't piss on the door lock to unfreeze it.

Ask your girlfriend to do it.........................it is a much more attractive look.

It's good to drive carefully of course, but don't drive around too carefully when you really don't need to.

It frustrates other people into making bad moves. Lots of crashes due to this kind of thing, so I hear.

Rather than people driving slowly, I reckon the problem is people driving slowly and not pulling over when the traffic builds up behind them.

This is something both locals and non-locals do, and can happen year round so its not even snow related.

As soon as you get to the snow area look for an empty parking lot and do some donuts and braking so you have an idea of how your car handles in the snow.

Heh been doing that for years! Over christmas got to the lot and threw a huge powerslide before parking . Guy beside me says (and my passenger already had his ski helmet on) now I know why he wears a helmet when you drive.

IMG_20121003_193713.jpg

+

IMG_20120823_200110.jpg

gg winter

Nice trruck Chriselle, Looks like you got a 3-4" lift on that?

Extra torsion bars too?

I like all the lights on the roof, oh yeah, must be like daylight when your driving around at night if you whack that lot on.

@ JU87 and Snowdude...

Thanks guys....it's a labor of love and a work in process. 7 inches of lift with the combination of suspension and alloy coil spacers. The coils have settled a bit so I think it sits at around 6". The entire suspension is pretty much aftermarket Snowdude......no torsion bars on this LC model but yes, lateral rods, sway bars, leading arms and lower control rods are pretty beefy. I still think you should do the Delica... ;) Ya, There are A LOT of lumen of light all around the truck but the two front light bars on the bumper are indeed like driving in daylight.

Winter Vacation should be along shortly to comment on how ugly it is...haha... :wave:

How do you get on parking that beast? What about those carparks where there is a stop bit that comes up. Does the beast trigger it, or is it too high for them.

Haha, I have actually accidentally driven over one of those park ramp things when it was in its raised position with my Delica.

I was at Kofu station, this was last year and I parked at the station car park for what I thought was less than 30 mins, its free for 30 mins, even though the ramp goes up. You just simply put in parking space number and the ramp drops.

Anyway I was in a bit of a rush that day, got in my car and drove off, without even thinking about the ramp. Felt a slight bump as I drove away and then realised I hadn't pushed the button to lower the ramp. I thought it would be a good idea to press the button and lower the ramp anyway, even though I had already driven over it. It went down ok and no one was around to see me do this. I felt stupid actually because it was not my intention to do this at all. I haven't done that since, I make sure not to forget to push the button.

I don't know if my car actually pushed the ramp down as I moved forward or it actually bumped right over it, but it didn't take a lot of effort.

The venerable legend.....HDJ81 (80 series) diesel LandCruiser. This ones been somewhat.....modified.. ;) The pup likes riding in it, too. I can't wait to get in the snow to see how it handles compared to my previous cruiser. Going to Myoko this coming Friday. Oh, and ya..my best buddy..

DSC_0518_zpsc1115f9d.jpg

He looks like Mac apart from the white tips on his ear.

He out cruisin for da bitches.

Gotta be best bud - allowed to sit on bonnet but I'd reckon tho you keep her clean she gets a good down n dirty too (the truck - that is)

He is indeed a pretty lucky inu... sits on the seats, lays on the couch and sleeps on the bed....much to my wife's disapproval. The truck gets dirty but if at all possible NOT muddy. I HATE mud...!!