Japanese ski resorts that don't subject us to sound pollution

Let's list up places that let us ski and board listening only to the lovely sounds of nature, and don't subject us to AKB48, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, TM Revolution, Bon Jovi, Kool & The Gang and Wham.

-----

-- Mt Granview

-- Yuzawa Kogen

Two season back I was boarding at Cortina. After lunch I walked out to the lifts for another few more rides. Blairing over the PA system was Witney Useless song "I will always love you". The resort had been pumping out this sort of sound pollution all morning. This was really getting annoying. I turn to the American skier in the lift line with me and remarked, "I wish this b%$#H would just roll over and die. The Skier started to piss himself laughing. I through myself that it was not that funny. When the American gain control of himself. He reply back to me that 'she is she die yesterday and start to laugh again. To which I had no knowledge that she actually did!

Back to Kool and the Gang. I have just come back from a few hours at Joetsu Kokusai. Fun it was and in the end the skies did decide to clear up.

Anywhos, we had a Kool and the Gang "best of" - all the classics including Joanna, Cherish, Fresh and of course the ever popular Celebrate.

:lol:

Well my local plays music on the lifts although its not so load so not easy to hear it most of the time.

On the slopes though you can not hear any music just the natural sounds of planks slicing through snow just how it should be.

Never been to any resorts that dont play music and I have been to quite a lot.

The worst one is though and a resort I will never go again even if it was free for the whole season is Royal hill in Chino, Nagano.

That place takes the piss with music it is so load no matter whete you are even in the carpark it sounds like your in a bloody night club its so loud.

There is no escaping it.

Sucks big time it is more like you are skiing through a night club than on a mountain.

I reckon all the poor wildlife there must be deaf by now.

Last year when in Niseko they did play tunes at Annupuri, but not at Niseko Village where we spent most of our time.

What they did have though was a constant loop of "You are approaching the top, please lift your safety bar and keep your ski tips up.......etc" in Japanese then English.

Interestingly, on one particular day on one specific lift only, the usual recording had been substituted for one with a lady whose voice sounded rather like one of those telephone lines for men - the type where they charge you per minute... ( I'm speculating as I have never actually called on such a service myself )

On this occasion the Japanese was not translated into English, leaving me guessing as to the exact nature of the text of the recording - though my wife and I agreed that whatever she was saying it certainly sounded too raunchy to translate...... :confused:

Sounds good that.

Do you think he would have any Shakey?

Doesn't/didn't Gala Yuzawa have a DJ thing?

Yeah think they do.....last year was an Irish guy doing English announcements

Takasu Snow Park has a DJ and they take requests. Its had the best music I've heard at a skijo at times but other times it's up there with the worst of them.

Hunter Mtn. has a DJ and they take requests. Apparently everyone was requesting Lady Gaga the day I was there.