Well, after a long flight from the desert we call California, my girl and I have arrived in this beautiful place. And what a welcome! Got to the rental place and picked up a nice little 8 seater Voxy. After a quick lesson in how to use the navigation we were on our way to Rusutsu. Soon after the navigation wants to put us on the "expressway". This wasnt the direction I got from the finder on this site (thank you very much David). So with a quick cross reference on my now handy "old school" paper map, we were off on our own. Had my girl navigate while I concerned myself with the particulars of driving on the left side of the road, and after awhile the navigation recalibrated and let us know we were on the right path. A beautiful drive by the lake and the snow really started coming down! Vis got pretty low to where the road markers hanging down were the main thing keeping you out of the bank on the side. And I'll tell ya those big trucks come by pretty fast making it full whiteout for a couple of secs. However, we made it to the Rusutsu Resort with all its nice folks and settled in. Snow continued to fall through the night and in the morning we were presented with deep powder and blue skies! We worked out way over to Mt Isola and were in heaven! Good waist to chest deep powder in the trees. And fresh lines all day in there. I'm so glad I brought my long powder board! My friends have just arrived and will be jealous but we'll show them our leftovers tomorrow. I'll put together a full trip report with pics when I get back. Thanks again for this site and all the help from you guys. If you had an emoticon with a mile (kilometer) long smile, it would be right here.

If anybody need information about Tirol ask me.

How does it compare with Mold?

(Welcome, and have fun!) :wave:

or Wank. which is in Germany , not the Tyrol.. (i think)

Austria Alps, close to Munich area or Zurich , there are a lot off ski areas:

Ischgl, Serfaus, Sölden,Zillertal, St Anton( I heat it), Nauders, Stubai. The Best for me in this area is Ski Safari with base around Öztal.

I recomend one day of night life in Innsbruck, the capital of Tirol.

any question ask me. I worked there as Assitant for Spanish people. I drove everyday different resort with the customers of my hotel and there skiing with them and showed the secret spots.

when you say nightlife, what do you exactly mean. The Niseko nightlife is wonderful and scary at the same time. Especially Jan 26th.

no good night life of University town. For typical Apreski party ( I don´t like it) the best are Ischgl and Sölden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re7AK7-x-s4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbGvOs9_gEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpF1bkc25rg

the Germany people love these parties, I prefer go to my Hotel take a shower and a few relax for charge my bacteries for the next day but the last day of my holiday I would like enjoy in Innsbruck of the night life.