• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually.....recently I gave up trying to keep the growth in check. So..I raked everything level and flat and layed down some black underlay and topped it all with a couple a yards of "jari" gravel..

A few things were modified, though we didn't have to do much major.

He wasn't really moving further on the price though, I took that as far as I could - he was prepared to walk.

Since then though he has added a few things as 'presents' things which we had cut, which was good to hear.

I'm certain that they'll do a very good job, he has a real attention to detail that I like.

Started on my garden doing the front.

Decided to do low brick walls just 6-8 inches high down both sides of the house but havent decided on which bricks we will use.

That way dont need to worry about it getting crushed under snow or blown down by wind and it will give a proper property boundry as well.

Were not bothered about our neighbours seeing our back garden not that they are out looking anyway.

The back garden we havent decided but will operate on that once I done the sides.

I Love pottering in my garden. I have a gorgeous cottage garden filled with pretty pretty flowers.

Put a Veggie garden in BUT the rabbits ate it. Put in a raised vegie garden but then the Kangaroo's ate it. So we are currently putting in a raised raised vegie garden to keep everything out!!!

I Love pottering in my garden. I have a gorgeous cottage garden filled with pretty pretty flowers.

Put a Veggie garden in BUT the rabbits ate it. Put in a raised vegie garden but then the Kangaroo's ate it. So we are currently putting in a raised raised vegie garden to keep everything out!!!

You should eat the rabbits and the kangaroos :)

Not sure about possum pie, but their fur mixed with wool makes very soft, but very warm gloves, scarfs etc. In Oz they are protected, but in NZ they are a pest, and shot, trapped, poisened, whatever it takes to kill them.

Possums were introduced to NZ from Aus. As there are no natural predators in NZ they are able to breed unhindered and cause great damage to forests that haven't evolved to deal with them..

Need to buy lots of "soil" soon.

But still having real problems deciding what to buy.

Every person I ask gives a different idea of what is best - often influenced by things like price, what they use, etc. Online advice is as expected all over the place as well.

I want to put good stuff in there to start off with (will need about 5m) and go from there.

Would rather it be good quality than cheap, if that makes sense.

One thing that I just noticed on some sites. I was looking at some 黒土 from a company and noticed it was from north Ibaraki (ie just south of Fukushima - incident of which there was no mention).

On another site, from a company down in Kagawa, they were boasting about radiation levels, that they do not use anything from northern Japan, and strict tests done on every shipment etc.

It got me thinking about that particular issue which was something I hadn't really considered.....

Tsukareta!

Without wanting to hype the issue, I think its possible to buy more radioactive than you'd like soil from the Tohoku region.

Depending on how many suppliers its coming through, a dealer might genuinely unwittingly sell you some.