Got a couple of days in Osaka at end of snow trip. My wife worked at Tanabe on a council sister city exchange program some years back and we will be catching up with some friends but I am hoping to get some free time and basically wondering what to do. I know I am being slack and should do my own research but was hoping anyone from / near the area may have some ideas. Eg good eating spots, things to see / do, local hidden gems ect that are easy to negotiate and not too time consuming.

There's always a knocking shop close by in Osaka Tubby!

In Umeda area Higashi Dori is worth a look for eating, drinking and people watching. Also, the new JR station building has lots of good restaurants, plus if it's warm enough there is an open air area at the top with OK views which you can enjoy with beers purchased from the conbeni up there. The Hep5 ferris wheel is pretty cheap and gives you a good view.

Shinsaibashi Amemura area is worth checking out and from there go north to Minami Semba for some good shopping with plenty of places to eat around both areas. This is all pretty close to Dotonburi/Namba/Shinseki. Easy to walk about and just find Mido Suji (main north/south street) if you get lost to get back on track.

Juso is a fun place for a drink or something to eat....or a knocking shop. A colourful part of town for sure.

• Like 1

I guess any place where the door pimp or the girl in the window is saying "maido!" or something to that effect. Assuming you have any stamina left after all the "gajin dame!" and crossed arm rejections it could be a knocking good time.

I guess any place where the door pimp or the girl in the window is saying "maido!" or something to that effect. Assuming you have any stamina left after all the "gajin dame!" and crossed arm rejections it could be a knocking good time.

Or for someone like myself it was.....eh....would be "hage sama! Hage sama!" :lol:

You may have to sit down for this WV but I am allergic to crustaceans -crabs, prawns, lobster etc - what I don't know I don't miss :-)

I like/ can eat fish though.

All good suggestions - thanks for the ideas

I love the restaurants around Fukushima (one stop West of Umeda) so many varieties to choose from and very delicious. The Thai and Turkish are my favorite. Namba has lots of places for shopping, restaurants, and bars. We used to go to Absinthe a good bit.

me too Hotrod, although I tell everyone that I actually am allergic to seafood as that stops people trying to convert you....."No really, you'll love this!!".....No I fu###ng won't now stop pestering me ;)