I think I will get a mid range lens for mine. Just in case. But the mrs goggles have low ligh and a mid range lense.

I hear you shouldn't walk around to much on your snowboard boots. Is this a fact?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi!   Aside from overpriced restaurants n stuff? fyi, smoking is allowed in many restaurants from 9pm ish, my burning eyes really puts me off my appetite. youll need to book if you want to eat at

Just back from Niseko, and I might add you might also want to brush up on bus etiquette. Niseko is in the countryside, and the local bus uses an old-style pay system. It is pretty simply actually... y

Snow board Onsen (wash before you go in) Drink Eat Sleep and do again

Hokkaido is usually very cloudy and dumping snow. Quite often the top can be a complete white out! So low light lenses will be VERY helpful. Today was my 12th day on the slopes and the first time it's been sunny!!

Also, I don't know where you are coming from, but you said this will be the first time for you to see snow.....just a warning, today was minus 17....bring a face mask/balaclava/something warm to cover up with

I wear all my gear on the train and bus to the resort, boots n all....seems ok

NOTE: This ain't normal behaviour.

If you're staying in resort hotel, do not get into your ski gear for breakfast. It is really comical. Have your breakfast then go back up to change into your gear.

back to ATM & Cards.

Aus can use the "totally fee free Citibank Plus Visa Debit Card" with current exchange rate of 93.4 for ATM cash withdrawals.

(note: but some local ATM owners may charge small access fee - Japan Post doesn't)

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooooo snowboarding wise, i mean snowboard clothing and equipment. What is the normal amount of stuff to take.

I think i have overbought speaking to some people hahaha. They say "WHAT" when i say we have 2 pairs of pants and jackets each. I guess this sing normal?

What do you take for a 2 week trip?

For going out to dinner I usually just wear jeans with my thermals underneath, ski jacket up top and some woolen gloves - only once I found that I got cold while waiting for the bus, on that occasion I a bit of a funky dance at the bus stop to warm up......

yeah i thought it would be ok. Better to have to much than not enough i suppose.

How many sets of base layers do you take?

I have a merino ninja suit, and was thinking of just buying the basic ninja suit also for normal wear.

Another noob here.......... one that has brushed up on onsen etiquette.. Having read many posts and taken onboard what many friends have said... I have booked at Niseko late Feb through Late March....(1 month) I will buy some nice comfy boots and hire ski's.. Have purchased some nice insulated ski pants and jacket and have booked group lessons. Have packed lots of light layers packed.. lots of socks... and as much cash as I can afford to spend.... (oh and a helmet, for those interested in OH&S)

Other than that I am just hoping to meet some great people and just have a great time in the infamous Niseko powder............ OH, I shall bring my humour along with my cash...