SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
rach

How many times you been then?

My season is just about to start really (holidays, colds preventing me up till now. How many times have you been out this season up till now then?

10 days and counting

powder: 6

crap: 2

carving day: 2

not bad so far...got 4 days in niseko comming up...maybe hakuba this weekend??? january will be good!

danz

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
. to you too \:\)
Sorry, I had to put the dot as you cant post a blank message. All I wanted to display was the sig file (which will read 31 by early feb, perhaps 33 if I go away this weekend).

17 times but a few of them were pretty pathetic and wouldnt have gone up if I hadnt had the season pass and it wasnt a 15 mins drive! Yes I dont know how lucky I am \:\)

I said that because Ive been feeling a bit down on the whole thing lately. Its just so damn cold and the snow makes everyday life difficult. For example I spent my lunchtime yesterday shoveling the snow on the road out the front of my house and to the front door and am going to have to get up on the roof one night this week and spend a good few hours getting some of that weight off so it doesnt crack the walls (again). And like this morning when its minus 16 outside, minus 3 in your bedroom and the bristles on your toothbrush are frozen solid you really begin to wonder is it really worth it.

January blues no doubt \:\(

12 times, but a few halfers due to the season pass. zwelgy-- after a few days being stuck at work and not on the slopes will change your attitude. that and the fire festival.

About 15 days. Would have been more, but things came up. Night skiing is great, no crowds... got new skis while I was in Tokyo so I'll be skiing any day or night I can get in. Going to Hakkoda next week \:D

Just read my last post - damn I am a sadsack! eek.gif

Ok no more negativity. The sun is shining, its cold so the snow is fantastic and the mates are coming on Fri for a roof shoveling party. \:D

Anyone going to Nozawa this weekend?

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
roof shoveling
i would swap my train squeeze for your roof shovelling.

12 times...not enough. plenty of snow left though. if anyone is going to Hakkoda on the weekends let me know. i love going there!

Ski-On,

Dave

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.