First of all I have to thank the Kagura staff as well as a random stranger that brought my camera to them.Without them this thread would not be possible. I was careless with the zipper on my backpack and my camera fell out. I was sure it was in the woods and I would never see it again. I only called them after the fact on the off chance someone found it. I will be more careful from now on.

I had a beautiful day at Kagura yesterday. I walked up from the Kagura quad lift to the top of Kaguragamine entering the the fantastical land of the snow creatures. They appear as different things for every eye so tell me, what do you see?

Each photo will be numbered.

gallery_11952_349_78290.jpg

1. I see a snow spirit with a human face leaning towards its left.

gallery_11952_349_1047297.jpg

2. This particularly powerful two headed snow dragon is the guardian of the mountain.

gallery_11952_349_736564.jpg

3. The tallest tree is David Bowie's favorite skeksis while the tree in front of it is noble humanish tree spirit.

gallery_11952_349_297250.jpg

4. I see a long faced lizard man and his companions.

gallery_11952_349_367059.jpg

5. On the left two birds in flight and a walking giant bird on the right.

gallery_11952_349_407159.jpg

6. That reallllllly dirty river spirit from "Spirited Away" after he gets clean.

So what do you see?

• Like 1

A couple more nice pics from the day.

gallery_11952_349_1482337.jpg

Walking up the mountain.

gallery_11952_349_1279550.jpg

Mt. Naeba and the top of Kaguragamine (on the far left) also a horde of snow creatures.

gallery_11952_349_1049377.jpg

Mt. Naeba from the top of Kaguragamine.

gallery_11952_349_603883.jpg

magical snow land

gallery_11952_349_1775897.jpg

Mt Myoko at about 5X

gallery_11952_349_1996049.jpg

The North Alps at about 5X

gallery_11952_349_817173.jpg

• Like 1

" I was careless with the zipper on my backpack and my camera fell out."

What camera was it?

It's an older Panasonic Lumix. It's my hiking and snowboarding camera. I've had it for about seven years now. Glad I didn't lose it.

Fanrtastic!

:clap:

Super photos.

I have never seen that scenery at Kagura!

Do I need to be a gnarly backcountry personto hike up there or is it easy peasy?

Because I want to go!

:friend:

It's really not that hard. There was even a snowboarder hiking it without snowshoes. He did look tired though :lol:

A few more Gunma Boarder if you don't mind!

Do you walk up by the Number 5 lift (which I see if opening from this weekend!)?

Do they frown on that?

Is it something you can do on your own?

Can I take off my skis and just walk up there, or would that be a very bad idea?

Sorry, perhaps silly questions. But would like to know!

:)

A few more Gunma Boarder if you don't mind!

Do you walk up by the Number 5 lift (which I see if opening from this weekend!)?

Do they frown on that?

Is it something you can do on your own?

Can I take off my skis and just walk up there, or would that be a very bad idea?

Sorry, perhaps silly questions. But would like to know!

:)

This most recent trip I walked up from the High Speed 1 lift but the number 5 being open will help a lot. I don't think it is frowned upon many people climb it everyday and I think they even do tours. They just have the normal "You are on your own out there" sort of warning.

If you have skins those are probably the best way. If not snowshoes. If you don't have either maybe wait for a lot of people to go up and pack down the snow. I have gone up once without snowshoes. It is doable, but hard.

If people want to meet up and go up there on a nice day after the number 5 opens I would love to go again :happyshades: