Combination of cost of fuel, the ability to land A380,s and Immigration. Changi is Asia air port hub for maintenance and the cheap place to refuel in Asia. If Perth and Darwin can land A 380,s they we fly direct. A A380 can Fly from Changi to Perth to Narita top up at Narita to make to Changi. Adelaide as no immigration. I fly JAL because I don,t want to end up like poor iiyamadude for 9 hours plus the bogan factor. I hope that answer your query Mamabear.

Qanats stopped the direct flight Per-Nrt as it wasn't making them money (according to a lady at the airport)

I am flying Cathay this Year Per-Hkg-Cts as I hated the Per-Syd-Nrt-Cts it was a similar price but the 20Kg's sucks and their additional baggage charges are expensive i will have to take my boots as hand luggage.

Jetstar have some ok deals Perth-Cairns-Narita but crap times and changing planes will suck.

Has anyone flown Jetstar and gone Business as it's only an extra $800?

I've flown Jetstar business before and I'm flying business with them on my next trip to Japan in Feb. I got return flights from Melbourne to Sapporo for less than $1500. That incudes 30kg of checked luggage, meals, entertainment, etc. Their business class is not like on a premium airline but the seats are significantly better than economy on a premium airline. I had no problems last time I used them.

But if you want to save that $350, or don't have it, they still get you there, right?

correct. They still get your there.

MOST OF THE TIME! but sometimes too late for a connecting flight with another airline!

I actually got upgraded once for under $200 a seat (there were 2 of us!) and it was OK. They called me and asked if I'd accept a cheap upgrade - said OK just to see! But certainly not worth the additional originally asked. Extra leg room is OK, free champers on arrival and throughout the flight OK, but not worth the $800 a seat it was originally costed at.

I feel sorry for people who pay JAL or QANTAS prices and end up on a Jetstar "Code Share" flight with JokeStar service! At least if I pay JetStar prices I am getting what I pay for, if I pay QANTAS prices and get Jet* level service, I'd be mighty pi$$ed!

I actually got upgraded once for under $200 a seat (there were 2 of us!) and it was OK. They called me and asked if I'd accept a cheap upgrade - said OK just to see! But certainly not worth the additional originally asked. Extra leg room is OK, free champers on arrival and throughout the flight OK, but not worth the $800 a seat it was originally costed at.

I feel sorry for people who pay JAL or QANTAS prices and end up on a Jetstar "Code Share" flight with JokeStar service! At least if I pay JetStar prices I am getting what I pay for, if I pay QANTAS prices and get Jet* level service, I'd be mighty pi$$ed!

Cheers JA yeah I was going to use my points but I will keep them for a propper upgrade one day

Cheers JA yeah I was going to use my points but I will keep them for a propper upgrade one day

Oh, and there's the extra checked luggage allowance with Business.