Hey guys,

Well two weeks until I get there and I can't wait. Especially since we are having the driest year on record over here in California :angry: I'm trying to put together a rough idea of my budget over there as I will be relying mostly on cash. I have an international credit card also just in case. I'll be in Japan for two weeks staying in Rusutsu,Niseko,Tomamu, and Sapporo. My accomodations are all paid for and I know the lift ticket prices. I'd like to know (on average) How much you guys are spending on things like gas, toll roads,food. I'm getting a lot of info off websites however, its always good to hear from the "boots on the ground" so to speak. I am learning so much from this site and It really helped me with the legwork to put this trip together.

Thanks again

In Sapporo you have the full range of options........from an all u can eat n drink deal of 3000¥ to the high end of the scale. You can eat ramen for anything between 600-900¥ depending on which place you go to, soup curry is generally 1000-1200¥ and both types of food are very filling. You have izakaya's of all price ranges and beer in bars generally will set you back 500¥ for a mug. Matsuya, Cocos Curry and Yoshinoya are all here and will offer a filling meal from about 300¥ to 1000¥.......of course the quality perhaps isn't the highest but they generally do for a tasty meal of meat, rice n miso soup or curry. It all depends on what you want to eat.

How about the toll roads? Between these resorts, are the tolls high? Is it MUCH more difficult to take non toll routes? I will have a map and English GPS but with weather consideration's I'm not looking for extra problems.