I'm quite shocked at how much difference a quality bed makes.

Or perhaps just how much our old one was lacking.

In our new house we have a new bed - a lovely walnut wooden frame, a 30cm Simmons mattress, and what was an expensive thick duvet with some posh feathers in. I wasn't keen on spending so much on the duvet at first but my oh my, it's warm. Need nothing else, can sleep in a t-shirt when it's very cold in the room.

And the bed feels just amazing.

I would not have believed that a quality be could make so a huge difference.

It cost a lot - the whole bed set up cost closing in on 500,000 yen - but I don't regret any of that. The old true cliche is you spent a third of your life in bed so I suppose it is worth treating yourself.

I just wanted to say..... if you are thinking of a new bed, go for the good stuff, very highly recommended!

I'm used to sleeping on crap.. I moved out here and the wife had some crap western style bed. I couldn't sleep on it at all without waking up in pain, which has never happened to me, even from sleeping on concrete back in my enlisted days...

We went out and bought a futon and pad, and man I sleep great on that thing. Didn't think I could sleep so well on such little bedding.

The last I heard, Feargal Sharkey was some big "give the record companies more money" dude.

Getting back on topic, you cannot beat some top quality shuteye. We've got a Simmons mattress on our main bed, it's called a "Dr. Hard"!