• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tubby has it completely correct as usual. Of course I couldn't care less what others choose for themselves. Just don't attempt to impose your views on what's safe and what isn't on me on the slopes. T

I'll try to use less words if you promise to use more ippy and elaborate more than you usually do. Fill in the blanks!   As Winter is absent so far, we are going to have to rely on other reporte

Michael Schumacher, an extremely wealthy man amongst wealthy men; an expert skier; a regular at the ski resort, where he owns his own chalet....... was using rental skis?  

I read that the induced coma and lowering body temp to 35 was to reduce brain swelling by reducing the energy (blood flow leading to swelling) need for the brain.

Now in stable but still critical condition.

The place:

article-2532565-1A5E821500000578-837_634x516.jpg

The fall:

article-2532565-1A5EA48800000578-680_634x426.jpg

The rental skis have been seized by police to see if they were in any way defective.

Michael Schumacher, an extremely wealthy man amongst wealthy men; an expert skier; a regular at the ski resort, where he owns his own chalet....... was using rental skis?

:confused:

• Like 1

I've never skied Europe, but I must say what I imagined as "off-piste" wasn't just a 20m wide bit of piste with rocks that's sandwiched between two pistes and almost directly below a lift.

Get well Schumi!

I've never skied Europe, but I must say what I imagined as "off-piste" wasn't just a 20m wide bit of piste with rocks that's sandwiched between two pistes and almost directly below a lift.

Indeed. Looks like he went skiing in a rock field, and hit... a rock.

Doesn't seem like the skis could be held to blame.

Get well Schumi!

Same. I was expecting some kind of valley, or serious backcountry trees and rocks. Looks like he was just unlucky.

The rental skis have been seized by police to see if they were in any way defective.

:confused:

that does seem bizarre.
German newspaper Bild reported that just before his accident, Schumacher had stopped to help up a friend’s daughter who had fallen on the slopes. Schumacher had then set off into the area between the “biche” and “maudit” pistes at the Méribel skiing resort, where the accident occurred.

Quincy told the Dauphiné Libéré: “Some rocks were visible and others weren’t. The only thing that we are sure of at this time is that Michael Schumacher lost his balance because of one of them before he fell.” Schumacher had been using a rented pair of skis and Bild speculated that his unfamiliarity with the equipment could have contributed to the accident.The impact from the fall was so great it split his helmet in two.

But there seems to be different stories.

The rental ski thing sounds very strange.

It does sound strange for a guy in his position (ie: wealthy, owned a chalet at that resort, regular etc)

Not impossible - maybe he was demo-ing skis, or due to light cover got some rentals to protect his own equipment...