• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tubby has it completely correct as usual. Of course I couldn't care less what others choose for themselves. Just don't attempt to impose your views on what's safe and what isn't on me on the slopes. T

I'll try to use less words if you promise to use more ippy and elaborate more than you usually do. Fill in the blanks!   As Winter is absent so far, we are going to have to rely on other reporte

Michael Schumacher, an extremely wealthy man amongst wealthy men; an expert skier; a regular at the ski resort, where he owns his own chalet....... was using rental skis?  

Shocking news about Schumi. Well to anyone that this happens to.

He knew what he was doing when he went off-piste and had the intelligence to wear safety equipment. Perhaps this accident will show people that helmets can mean the difference between life/death.

A friend brought up the Natasha Richardson accident and how she wasn't wearing a helmet iirc. Perhaps slope owners will think more about their rules with helmets and off-pisye safety.

Perhaps slope owners will think more about their rules with helmets and off-pisye safety

Yay! Let's all pray at the alter of the nanny state in the hope they take away our choices to protect us from ourselves! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Perhaps slope owners will think more about their rules with helmets and off-pisye safety

Yay! Let's all pray at the alter of the nanny state in the hope they take away our choices to protect us from ourselves! :worship: :worship: :worship:

broken-record-bernard-jaubert.jpg

Seriously bleating on about your nanny state theory? :sj-lol:

Let the resorts choose, you wear a helmet and your covered by insurance. If not, well that's your choice, you can pay for your own insurance for skiing/snowbpardng.

People like to protect their brains by wearing a helmet, guess you disagree with people looking out for one another.

Certainly nothing wrong with trying to protect ones head even if a little in case of an accident it could be the difference between life and death.

To say wearing helmets is stupid or only for people who always fall over etc just shows a complete lack of intelligence.

I guess GN you dont wear seat belts because you think it is stupid and only for people who are always crashing their car.

Helmets are not to protect you from the thousands of times that you dont fall and dont hit your head they are for the one time that you do fall and hit your head. And it does not matter how careful we are accidents still happen and they are not always caused by oneself.

But everyone has his /her choice as what to do/wear etc.

Certainly nothing wrong with trying to protect ones head even if a little in case of an accident it could be the difference between life and death.

To say wearing helmets is stupid or only for people who always fall over etc just shows a complete lack of intelligence.

I guess GN you dont wear seat belts because you think it is stupid and only for people who are always crashing their car.

Helmets are not to protect you from the thousands of times that you dont fall and dont hit your head they are for the one time that you do fall and hit your head. And it does not matter how careful we are accidents still happen and they are not always caused by oneself.

But everyone has his /her choice as what to do/wear etc.

TBF to GN, I think this is basically what he wants to defend....his right to not wear a helmet if he chooses not to. To not have resorts impose a blanket rule that everyone must wear helmets, I'm pretty sure he's said in the past that he couldn't care less if you or I or the next person choose to wear one, but don't take away his choice not to wear one.

Dawson_Crying.gif

If only we could all be as intelligent as your good self, Go Native.

The world would jolly well be a much better place, that's for sure!

It is certainly something that we can all aspire to though. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, .... ;)

Anyways, enough of that silly bollocks, any updates from the hospital, Winter V?

Cool!

:thumbsup:

Though I have to say, I don't think we are all as intelligent and charming as I am.

(Please don't send me one of those foul mothed and abusive PM's that you are so good at, they can be quite upsetting - especially on New Years Eve).

A few things.

Nicki Minaj is my ideal woman. I cant explain it. but like any good politician i thought id drop this in a shitstorm thread where i could get it off my chest with the least possible damage to my carefully crafted reputation as a safe pair of cultural hands.

Secondly, its pay day, i need paid! i have 0.6RMB to my name. BUT if i dont get paid within the next hour, i wont physically be able to go to work on Thursday so i wont have to do that 2 and half hour each way commute to my job. I just cant decide which eventuality i need to be cheering for! I mean, ive got pasta, i can always make some aliol (or how you spell it), but it also means i have no gin to see me through my quiet yearly drunken hideathon. Im sure hideathon can be twerked into a Joycean masterpiece worthy of the wake!

And third, pies would be funny if he toned down the verbiage! a little bit of brevity would help him no end! (that was very bad sarcasm masquerading as a punchline because i had to somehow bring it back to the topi... oh wait! This is about Michael Schumacher, isnt it? Shit! um... wish him the best, hope he gets well, the man was a racing and human legend, and i dont want less schumacher in the world... I might be mistaking him for a comet that ripped into jupiter in 1990 something).

Actually, now i think about it (and habing run to wikipedia to conform it was 1994), why the hell is that burned into my long term memory? It was a trivial and insignificant event to the lives of anyone outside of a telescope manufacturer. Happy Schu year!

(not yet, no. I do have that paint thinner shit that passes itself off as alcohol from day 3 i think in the country... but im nowhere near the levels of craving one might require to dip into that one for a wee plinky).

ETA: 5.14 Beijing time. Banks are shut for the rest of today and tomorrow. No pay gone in. I actually smiled! Free day off! and because i sent them an email 3 hours ago telling them (i assume since no one replied the office was on a half day then), im pretty much in the clear, Fairly sure theyll try and get me to travel there for the afternoon classes... but at least it means i dont have to get up at 5.40am on Thursday to make the first class at 8.55. Even if they put the cash in first thing, the earliest ill be there is lunch time :)

:ashamed:

I'll try to use less words if you promise to use more ippy and elaborate more than you usually do. Fill in the blanks! ;)

As Winter is absent so far, we are going to have to rely on other reporters. Info coming in at 7pm apparently.

You enjoying it over there btw? Your thread needs an update.

• Like 1

From Reuters:

GRENOBLE, France (Reuters) – The medical condition of seven-times Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher is slightly better on Tuesday following a second operation during the night to treat head injuries sustained in a skiing accident, doctors said.

“The situation is more under control than yesterday but we cannot say that he is out of danger,” Jean-Francois Payen, head anaesthetician told a news conference at the CHU hospital in the eastern French city of Grenoble where Schumacher is being treated.

“We have won some time but we must continue an hour-by-hour surveillance,” he said.

Glad he's making progress.

pie-eater = one of the quickest, funniest and along with it perhaps very possibly also one of the smartest people on here!

Hurray!

:thumbsup:

Taught him everything I know... He's really coming into his own as of late.... ;)