• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I tried both my new ski boots and the helmet. First the helmet: It is a first time for me to have a ski helmet, and all I can say is I am very glad I bought one. It is so light that is is no mo

No difference.

If only he'd had a helmet!   WALPOLE, Mass. – A teacher was arrested Wednesday for allegedly walking around his driveway wearing only a ski cap and goggles.

Recently had my first real crash. I tried ducking a branch that was a little too low, and got thrown on my butt. I actually bled a tiny bit, but was otherwise okay. It's definitely worth $40 not to experience that again.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked one up last season for 6000 yen. Actually its the one in my avatar. Its a RED branded one (i.e. Burton) and I would consider it pretty good for what it is.

Yeh, some places are really overpriced. I got mine off Rakuten and I think it was cheap because Big B ended their RED line and rebranded all their protection gear as Anon so the shops had to dump all their old stock.

Just had a quick look at Rakuten, they had this Head helmet for 4k plus shipping (if you don't mind the ski brand) - http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/helmet/%E3%82%B9%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-101094/f.1-p.10-s.2-sf.0-st.A-v.2?grp=product

0000000453736-2.jpg

I think the one I bought last winter cost me around 15k, which was about the average price in the shop between the different brands.

Of course there were cheaper ones and more expensive, but I figured in the middle somewhere, plus I was recommended it and it got a good write-up.

How much better a more expensive one would be in reality though I have know idea, maybe no better!

plus I was recommended it and it got a good write-up.

Which helmet was that Snowdude?

I'm pretty happy with mine, i guess for the price I can't really complain. The only negative that I can find is that the ear covers are only held in by friction so that they have a tendency to fall out. On the other hand, I sent off an e-mail asking about the forehead gasket (a little strip of material that closes the gap between helmet and goggle) and they sent me one in the post for free. I have the RED tracer helmet btw.

Giro .Ten

With the Giro the ear pads are fixed, removable I think but fixed so they wont fall out when using it.

The inside padded part can also be removed for cleaning.