Snow Dude's 2013-14 ski thread (Sun Meadows, Kiyosato, Yamanashi)

Day 32 : 6th April 2014:

Woke up to about 5cm of snow on the ground and the sun breaking through the clouds. So I decided to go skiing for probably my last time this season.

By the time I got to Sun Meadows it was quite sunny although a fair bit of cloud hanging around.

I got a few runs in before the clouds started rolling back in and the snow started up, just really light to start with but it gradually got heavier and in fact started really coming down from late morning onward and stated to build up a few cm's.

It was also quite cold with the temp not getting above -4 at the while I was there.

The snow conditions were also surprisingly good with even fresh untouched powder to be found in places. The snow was of course not mid winter quality pow but it was certainly good for April and was quite soft albeit a little heavy but not sticky at alll.

All the courses were ungroomed and quite chopped up, but it made it more fun with lots of bumps and grooves all over the courses. It was more a day for technical skiing than speed skiing today.

If this was my last day out then it was the perfect end to a very good long season, which started back in Dec 7th for me.

Ok here some photos from Sunday, which I now got around to putting up and which will be the last snow/ski-jo pics for this season!

med_gallery_8995_404_377582.jpg

Looking up towards the C and D courses from the E course, with the Bird lift in the middle of the photo.

med_gallery_8995_404_954664.jpg

Photo taken from the same area, but with zoom

med_gallery_8995_404_3342431.jpg

E course with the bumps

med_gallery_8995_404_2887874.jpg

View from the top of D course

med_gallery_8995_404_2250791.jpg

Late morning and still un-tracked fresh pow in April!

med_gallery_8995_404_733757.jpg

Another view from top of D course

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it would be nice to make a ski thread as I will be visiting my local resort a lot this year and document the weather/ snow conditions, etc each time I go as a reference for others and as a r