Hello :wave:

If you've experienced skiing in Japan, you'll never want to go to Korea again. As the guys say, the snow is rubbish, it's expensive for what it is and worst of all are the queues for the lifts. Give yourself 40 mins as bodies funnel into the gate.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AUTOMATIC SKI 186 & FFG16 BINDING - £379.16m,which at the time was about 55,000yen including delivery: 2nd run today:

More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up. It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.   First ru

Nice one Sand...   Yotei this morning..  

According to Annupuri themselves, the quad and Jumbo 2 were open from middaty.

Ah - at 11 AM, everything was closed. I bailed and went to Rusutsu instead. Maybe things opened up later in the day.

About 11:20ish the Gondola and King Quad 2 opened, then at about 3 the Center 4 opened.

Had a few runs down the groomers working on my technique 2 days ago. Only managed 22,500 vertical meters

1925179_1015192606126128_932714750_n.jpg

In general?

Than last year? Yes, definitely. But it also seems like less snow as well. Seems to be the season of Bluebird powder days.

Powder......really?

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the pow days I have had here this season have been bluebird (after mid Jan anyways), which makes a change from my previous seasons experiences.

Had lots of heavy snow powder days when you can hear nothing. Not even your own breathing. But only had a handful of bluebirds days in powder, those were preceded by heavy snow during nighta. They were magical.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Annupuri this morning. We had a light fall of snow overnight, maybe ten centimeters or so. After a couple of runs at Hirafu, I headed over to Annupuri and went down gate 1. There was a nice cover but patches of icy stuff underneath. Later on, I just went over that ridge below gate 8.

gallery_9395_338_9667.jpg

Annupuri piste

gallery_9395_338_11226.jpg

Looking towards Niseko Village

gallery_9395_338_29801.jpg

snowboardo