• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AUTOMATIC SKI 186 & FFG16 BINDING - £379.16m,which at the time was about 55,000yen including delivery: 2nd run today:

More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up. It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.   First ru

Nice one Sand...   Yotei this morning..  

Well that's true all the time whether we're talking about Niseko or not grungy. But as someone who was in reservations for almost 8 years in Niseko I, unlike most others on this site, have actual direct experience in dealing with the motivations of people coming to the resort. And I can assure you that for many the skiing side of things is almost a secondary consideration. Especially those from the SE Asian market.

So true. Friends of mine would often just want to onsen in the snow and then eat and shop to drop in Sapporo. Saddos.

Guess where they all went today bus loads of them trashed the mountain in 2 hours

Damn. I think anywhere within one hour of the big N is now going to be heading that way :eyes: . Will be good business running buses/tours….

But I'm sure there will always be empty places for those willing to find it.

I think the crowds are going to start putting more people off.

Especially if they hear that in most other places the lines are close to non-existant.

Not everyone needs posh restaurants that you get similar to back home.

That started happening about 7 years ago. But new markets kept opening up for Niseko. Especially the SE Asian market for whom the skiing just isn't the most important part of their holiday.

I am back in Japan after a short stopover in Auseko.

I had to attend a friends 30th birthday and I am utterly embarrassed to be born from the same country as my 'friends'

It dawned on me that some of these 'friends' are actually 'those' aussies.

I expected it to be bad and it was worse.

Not sure why we took on the nature of alcoholism and arrogance I believe it has something to do with our background but the indigenous tribes also suffer from the same disease.

Not sure about the Ainu people of Hokaido are they similar in thewant to write them selves off?

Whoops - just posted in another thread asking about conditions in Niseko. How are the runs off the backside? I was hoping it would be snowing this week but looks like it'll be clear until Friday. Are the backcountry runs still powdery or all tracked out?