• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AUTOMATIC SKI 186 & FFG16 BINDING - £379.16m,which at the time was about 55,000yen including delivery: 2nd run today:

More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up. It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.   First ru

Nice one Sand...   Yotei this morning..  

I wonder if lots of those people think Japanese skijo are just like that. :lol:

I doubt that they do. But you have to understand many people choose Niseko for reasons other than just the snow and skiing. I mean 10's of thousands of people for example spend a small fortune skiing in Australia each season. Proof that people go to ski resorts for reasons other than quality snow and skiing! Few other skijo in Japan offer the same accommodation options, restaurant options, apres ski entertainment options and services like Niseko. It's not like other Japanese skijo. That puts some people off but obviously as you can see by that queue it attracts plenty more. That said there's no way in the world I would get in that queue either. I'd prefer going for a snowshoe around Hangetsu-ko or something rather than spending huge amounts of time in queues like that.

Well that's true all the time whether we're talking about Niseko or not grungy. But as someone who was in reservations for almost 8 years in Niseko I, unlike most others on this site, have actual direct experience in dealing with the motivations of people coming to the resort. And I can assure you that for many the skiing side of things is almost a secondary consideration. Especially those from the SE Asian market.

Shouldn't they all be taking an onsen or buying souvenirs then, rather than all lining up for that gondola? ;)

I'd like to go to Niseko just to experience it. I think I'd like the scenery (if I got to see it!), I might very well like the snow, but probably not much else. Sounds like it would feel like shipping out to a different country!

• Like 1

I think the crowds are going to start putting more people off.

Especially if they hear that in most other places the lines are close to non-existant.

Not everyone needs posh restaurants that you get similar to back home.