• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AUTOMATIC SKI 186 & FFG16 BINDING - £379.16m,which at the time was about 55,000yen including delivery: 2nd run today:

More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up. It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.   First ru

Nice one Sand...   Yotei this morning..  

Tubby, without insulting the aboriginal races of both Japan and Australia - or indeed being a disgrace to your children's indigious ancestry and the children of Mr Adam Goodes - what behaviour did you witness?

Too bad about the snow.

Absolutely hammered guy trying to goad my mate into a fight at the pool table......another guy on the bus call a Chinese girl "a f##king c#nt" for daring to put her suitcase in the space next to him, cringeworthy nampa by pimply 18 yr olds (ok we've all been there :) ) who had one top deck shandy too many, a guy got "bashed" at the bus stop which apparently was really funny to the heifer who was telling the story......it was all a bit much TBH. I guess it's more of a shock cos i'm just used to living in relative peace over here

I don't deny that GN, Spanish and Greek people must detest Brits.....and I've been on lads hols as well, but there's a reason I do t go to these places now and it's not because they are ugly places.....Niseko may just be on that list unfortunately, cos usually the snow is great and riding phenomenal

I detest most Aussies so I'm not trying to defend them or excuse their behaviour. If I had been on that bus and heard what that guy said to that girl I can tell you I wouldn't have put up with it.

I should add that it's not because they are Australian that I feel disgusted, if it were Brits doing the same I'd be just as disgusted. The fact that their behaviour colours Japanese people's views of me as a foreigner and that's what's embarrassing

When I went to niseko over New Years period I didn't see too much bad behaviour from Australians, actually the Aussies I did meet were friendly and maybe a little drunk, but not too over the top. The worst behaviour I saw was actually from Americans, they came back to the accommodation at about 2am and thought it was ok to be having loud conversations and yelling and screaming. It was actually some Aussies that put a stop to that.

Anyways I think when you go on holidays somewhere Its the luck of the draw on if you experience something bad. You just have to brush it off and get on with your own business

my mate stayed at an onsen hotel in Niseko last year...mixed one, but not the Grand Hotel one.

(He is Australian) and witnessed 2 Aussie girls get out of the mixed onsen and take a piss on one of the small statues surrounding the outside mixed onsen.......

when and where is that acceptable?! Doesn`t matter what nationality they were, still tarnishes the reputation of ALL non-Japanese people that travel to Niseko or anywhere else in this country!

I still love Niseko.

They won't put me off. If they do, then they win.

YeahI get that as well, which is why it's a shame that it puts doubts in my minds as the place is usually excellent riding

I can understand wanting to go (*anywhere) for the excellent skiing, but going there because 'so that they don't win' - what's the point in that? They don't know they have won, they don't know you.

If you go somewhere that frustrates you, well that's just silly I reckon.

There's plenty of very fine places in Japan.

They are in Rusutsu as well met an absolute asshole last night in pirate man and the swearing on the slopes is bad

I thought Hakuba was the same though

What words were they using?

In terms of swearing, I think the Chinese curses are as bad as they can get.