Hi guys

I need some advice...I am heading to Hakuba in Jan 2014 and want to get a new board before I travel there. I am used to our Australian pack-ice conditions (ie. No POW!!!). I am looking at the Arbor Formula 161. I am 90kg and 6'1". What does anyone think about this board for typical Hakuba conditions?

In terms of size......it'll be fine. I've never ridden an arbor board, but I am a similar size and weight and have ridden a 161 Burton Custom in Hakuba....now on a 163.....and it was no probs

I am slightly shorter and lighter than you guys. Also used to ride 161 length boards but graded up to a 163 Option as my technical skills improved. Fine for any conditions in Hakuba from piste to deep powder and tight steep tree runs. At your height and weight a shorter length board could be an impediment, particularly if you are riding deep powder conditions such a 30-50cm overnight dump with the snow still falling.

Liva

The Arbor Formula is entry level for Arbor and is suitable for someone who wants to learn to play in the park or all mountain freestyle the soft flex and directional rocker shape will give you a decent catch free ride though.

Depends on what kind off riding you want to do are you going for the Pow?

With boards especially since the Fish and the Banana, lots of folks seem to be riding shorter directional boards with rocker. You can't tell as much from the length any more.