Been skiing/boarding in Japan and like this site and your fellow skiers.boarders?

• SnowJapan Admin

If so, please contribute!

-------

Longer version:

With the Photos and Resort Reviews sections on SnowJapan getting literally thousands of people visiting each day, it would seem that lots and lots of people apparently enjoy checking out the photographs and reviews of resorts that people have contributed over the years.

Last season we were in the middle of re-creating SnowJapan but now the new systems are in place. We are still (yes still!) fine-tuning, but for the most part they are working and we hope that people like them. Statistics have shown a considerable increase in usage over this time last year in part due to the new setup.

If you have enjoyed using those sections on SnowJapan now or in the past - as well as our Daily Reports etc - please consider contributing.

Why contribute?

-- Well, for a start it helps all those other people reading the stuff and researching Japan. And it helps the Japanese resorts a bit. And it helps us a bit.

But there's already lots of photos for X Resort!

-- But as you probably know when researching yourself, there's never enough is there? And new ones are always good.

But I only have photos from 2 years ago / I went there 2 years ago.

They are welcome too. You can mention that and tag in your photo / review. The more the better. Feel free to upload those older photos or write about when you visited somewhere previously.

My photos are a bit rubbish.

They really don't need to be brilliant photos.

But I uploaded them to Facebook.

Cool. But if you upload them to SnowJapan, they get totally linked into the system within the site. (See the helping bit above).

Photos and Reviews are welcome from anyone as long as they aren't obviously promotional in nature. We do reserve the right to make the judgement on that, but it's hardly ever an issue.

-----------------------

All you need to upload photos or write reviews is an active Forums account.

You simply log in to the main SnowJapan site here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/account/logon

And then upload a photo or write a review in the respective section:

PHOTOS:

http://www.snowjapan...i-resort-photos

REVIEWS:

http://www.snowjapan...-resort-reviews

-----------------------

If you try to the above but encounter any problems, please just give me a shout either by email or PM and we will try to sort it out quickly.

We hope to see lots of photos and new reviews this season.

Thanks for your time! And thank you to all the people who do contribute.

• SnowJapan Admin

Oh and.... those of you who read our daily reports may have noticed that some of them are now sometimes showing photos/imges in the reports.

If anyone in one of the areas covered by our reports wants to help by sending us any recent photos to be included in the reports - occasionally or regularly - please do let me know. Would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks Admin, you run a great site, I have planned most of my trip with advice from here, Once I have been and can add , I will post my pics and experiences.

LOVE the daily, snow report update. Merry Christmas,

• 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

We had someone a few weeks ago email us.

He was mourning the fact that lots of the Resort Reviews are 'old'.

He offered his extensive Japanese ski resort knowledge and write lots of Reviews - for everyone's benefit of course - and asked us to get back to him to see 'how we can work together'. We wrote back telling him that he is very welcome to write as many reviews as he wants, all he needs is to log in and post them.

Unfortunately, we haven't heard back since.

Perhaps he was hoping for other ways in which we can 'work together'.

(We don't pay for reviews).

The main reason I post this...... he does have a point about lots of reviews being older, and we do hope that we can see lots of new reviews this season. With the Forums and trip reports on here, I think people just forget about that.

While we have had some new ones go up recently - thank you - I thought a reminder might help.

:friend:

So, please if you do have 10 minutes, do consider taking the time to do a write up on resorts that you have been to.

http://www.snowjapan.com/japan-ski-resort-reviews

Thanks!

David,

Definitely going to add some reviews here in the next few weeks. I've been to Kamafuse twice now, and am getting pretty acquainted with what the mountain has to offer. I definitely want to update the review for the mountain, as its been 12 years since last review!

Thanks for working so hard to make this website what it is!

• SnowJapan Admin

I would have thought this was obvious, but it appears not....

Resort Reviews are written by people with opinions that might differ from other people.

And if you disagree with a review, and don't like that lots of people are reading things that you disagree with, the best thing to do is very probably to write one yourself!

But please don't complain to us about it.

We do of course read them in order to approve, but unless they are clearly people trying to promote a place or the opposite, we don't change them.

Thanks.