Theres a TV programme in the UK called jump i think it is. Ive seen nothing of it. I know nothing of it (other than its called jump, appears to be a reality bullshit programme in the mould [authors own] of strictly come dancing, and i think theyre all learning to ski jump).

And thats nice. But thats as far as i want to go with my knowledge of it... oh, melinda messenger hosts it. Gah! toooo much!!!

So was just wondering about the whole bucket list thing... hitting a proper ski jump by the time im in my 50s seems pretty doable. I mean im never going to learn proper tricks. But straight air? How hard can that shit be?

So anyone trained it? How do you even go about it? Just curious. Its obviously a fly by night idea. But if someone could just tend to that little kernel we might have pics of me smashing face first into an ice wall at 80MPH (just as i did at niseko when i over corrected and ended up tipping and eating shit). And thats worth a bit of inspiration. Actually we should all learn and have a competition!

Do they have tons of different sizes? Like extremely small, very small, not quite as small, a bit small, small, a bit bigger than small, smaller than medium, nearly medium, etc etc.

I can't remember seeing a collection of jumps all of different sizes. :)

I have often thought it would be fun to do, but never been anywhere that has a ski jump, and even if they had I have no experience doing that. If I got the chance to practice on a small short jump first then I would love to give it a go.

I did a week long ski jump course as a kid in France with the ESF. It was alot of fun and certainly gave me a lot of confidence in other areas of skiing - straightlining steep slopes and hitting jumps.

Wish I'd continued in it. I could've been the next Eddie the Eagle!

Need soft bones to learn that stuff ipps.

Kids stack, dust themselves off and have another go. Guys our age stack and spend 3 months in hospital lol

Well thats not the bucket list attitude! Come on you! More dancing on the edge of a volcano and less "what if i get an audit???" (i do however admit that this idea is entirely good on screen, and much less good looking down at a 100m drop onto my head).

Im a realist these days. I used to throw myself down stairs and handrails on a skateboard and took more beatings than probably anyone on this forum. Im all for doing crazy shit, my body just doesn't necessarily agree with me any more.