After a week of "ON HOLD" at "N/A", my tent changed to "out on delivery" a few hours ago. In fact, the Sagawa guy just dropped it off! We want to use it at the weekend so all is well. :D

From this experience, some of "ON HOLD" must mean in a Sagawa truck on the way to your house.

fwiw, it came on the second day of the estimated delivery period Ebay said. For anyone shopping, its a 12kg family tent from the US which was about $30 for shipping with $15 for customs. From Amazon, the price was a couple of dollars cheaper but the shipping was $90, and I guess there'd have been a "refundable" customs thing tacked on at final checkout too. It took two weeks in total.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current Status: ROUTED TO FINAL DESTINATION

Bloody hecks, that sounds ominous.

All the documentaries I have seen about that are centered on the themes of fatalism, predestination, and precognition, in relation to death (i.e. how to foresee, avoid, or control it).

:veryshocked:

For UK stuff, I have found that things sent by normal mail come almost as fast as things that are sent by the fancier more expensive parcel worldwide whats-it's-face.

Only a matter of a few days difference.

Then again I don't know if there's some sort of limit to what you can send via the 'normal' way.

Worth asking if you want someone to send something.

I just did a tracking on my latest Amazon order, and they seem to have conquered the time travel paradox: August 30, 2014, 2:41 am, Ontario CA US Package has left the carrier facility August 29, 2014, 11:01 pm, Ontario CA US Package arrived at a carrier facility August 29, 2014, 7:41 pm, Ontario CA US Package received by carrier August 29, 2014, 8:23 pm, US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

So apparently it was received by the carrier both before it arrived at the carrier facility and even before it left the seller!

I'm impressed :clap:

Still the same. Quite annoying really, even though I'm not exactly needing what's in there right now at this moment. It's just really crap.

In the meantime, a small packet came from the UK yesterday. It was sent normal mail last Wednesday afternoon.

Have got a package coming from Backcountry.com which has just entered the tracking system at UPS's depot in Salt Lake City.

Let the tracking commence!

I have found them to be pretty quick once it starts its journey

UPDATED! Er, with this:

We can see that the expected delivery date of your parcel has now passed. In order for us to investigate this further, please the button below to speak to our live help team.

Oh, and there's no button below.

Actually a button does appears sometimes when I reload the page, but disappears within 5 seconds if I click it and it doesn't respond.

I desperately would like to "chat" with the live help just to see how utterly hopeless and meaningless that all is as well.