Tracking parcels is quite fun isn't it. If they are being fast that is.

I bought something from the UK which was, I was told, posted on Monday. But the 'tracking' always came up with a nothing here mate response until this morning. It changed to this:

------

It's on its way

Your item, posted on 14/12/13 with reference XXBLOODYSLOWXXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in JAPAN.

------

Posted on 14th? Er no, posted on the 9th.

What do you make of that? It's just left the UK........ or it has arrived in Japan?

Online search shows people just as confused. Anyone with any first hand.

I don't like waiting.

:confused:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it's vague totally on purpose.

When I had that, I got my package about 2-3 days later. UK Post Office being very lax on getting it to the airport. Hopefully the scallies handling the package didn't throw it around too much with cool gnarly attitude.

I would take it to mean it has been scanned in the UK and is perhaps now in the air.

Actually I would have thought that muikabochi - if they hadn't shown me the receipt on Tuesday.

I reckon gg is right, it has just taken an age to get to the airport for some reason.

Hopefully I might get it by Wednesday.

I'm an obsessive tracker when I have something on the way.

Love seeing where packages go and the routes they take, when that info is available of course.

And it's like "why isn't my packge moving" :grandpa: when there's no updates in a few hours. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had an experince the other way round.

I sent a package to my parents in the UK, using the Japan Post Office 3 day service.

I sent it on Wednesday last week. 18th December. They still haven't got it. Let me check the calendar, yes it's 27th December. Japan sent it out of Japan within a day, so they did their part. It was stuck in UK customs (Coventry?!?!) since 22nd December. It seems to have cleared there last night but still listed as being at Coventry Parcelforce. So I suppose the earliest they will get it is today, though I wouldn't bet on it. In fact I'd probably bet on them not getting it today. Let's see how fast their 'Express 24' service is. Joke.

So a 3 day service has taken at least 9 days.

I know 'it's Christmas' but if that's so, don't bloody well sell the service. I see on their site that there's no deliveries on Sunday as well, and that if you want some kind of service on a Saturday you pay up for it.

:lol:

Takkyubin and delivery in Japan really is absolutely fantastic. Probably looks even better because of the ragged, third world service in the UK.

I bought a sideboard thing for our place last week and it turned up with the kuroneko tracking still having it at the original depot two days after the seller had sent it. I came home and walked straight past it in the hallway without noticing. Maybe it was a "it can't have arrived because the tracking says..." moment.

• 7 months later...

10 days ago, I ordered something from the UK.

Thought I'd do that rather than carry it back myself, loaded up with beans and sauces as I was.

It has been very interesting 'tracking' it.

The tracking uses vague terms like

Courier Received

Receipt at Depot

Receipt at Depot

Receipt at Depot (yes three times within a few hours)

The parcel has been handed over to the Hermes delivery driver to take to the P2P depot, and more.

Loads of fannying about and it's STILL in the UK, 10 days later.

I think if they were honest and clear in their descriptions, they would be something like:

Bloke walked down to road and handed it over to another bloke

Bloke put it on a truck and then had a fag break

Parcel got lost somewhere in rural Wales

Phew we found it, another bloke is going to walk to Dover to throw it on a ship

Ship docked for 5 days

etc

The contrast to our lovely takyubin is.... stark.

Pathetic.

I wonder when I eventually get this? I reckon once it gets to Japan it'll get here quick.

:lol:

Love the way in the UK they seem to even leave things behind the house on an outdoor chair, or with the neighbours etc.

Actually, I don't. One thing I ordered got drowned in rain after being left on that outdoor chair when no-one was in for delivery.

As you said, pretty pathetic.

I bought a tent off an US seller on Ebay about 10 days ago. The international shipping done via Ebay is about 4000 yen cheaper than Amazon.com. Maybe more if you get stung for an import fee. However, its been stuck on hold at customs at the Ebay delivery center in Kentucky (?) since Thursday, which is day six now. I did a google on the status and apparently its pretty common with the delivery service Ebay uses. Most things off Amazon seem to clear customs in a day or two.

Through Ebay you can get lots of outdoor stuff at US prices that discount sellers like backcountry.com etc aren't allowed to ship overseas, but maybe its wise to buy well in advance.

I bought a tent off an US seller on Ebay about 10 days ago. The international shipping done via Ebay is about 4000 yen cheaper than Amazon.com. Maybe more if you get stung for an import fee. However, its been stuck on hold at customs at the Ebay delivery center in Kentucky (?) since Thursday, which is day six now. I did a google on the status and apparently its pretty common with the delivery service Ebay uses. Most things off Amazon seem to clear customs in a day or two.

Through Ebay you can get lots of outdoor stuff at US prices that discount sellers like backcountry.com etc aren't allowed to ship overseas, but maybe its wise to buy well in advance.

I'm waiting for an auto polisher I ordered from the US ebay. That was 2 weeks ago and still not arrived. Par for the course.

I wonder why some things take an age and some don't.

(Difference in cost aside, meaning more logistics. Do they just get left in the corner for a bit?)