TR/Vid: Niseko & surroundings, february 2013 (SJ Giveaway)

Last winter i spent the whole month of February in Niseko, always forgot to publish the report, thanks to SnowJapan i won a daily ticket for Hirafu, i don't have a specific report from that day, it was my last one so it was kinda sad, didn't want to leave at all!!

I can just say the whoe trip has been epic, in fact it's been so epic i'll be back this winter :)

I spent most of the time in Niseko, mostly Hanazono and Annupuri off the gates. The back bowls and the ridges off gate 5 are simply insane!! But i've been lucky enough to meet some local that brought me to other peaks, Rusutsu, Chise backcountry, Kiroro BC, Yotei.

I don't have great pics, i was so concerned about slashing and spraying pow i didn't even put out my dslr, the few pics are from my point'n shoot. Same with my gopro, riding with the pole was too boring, i just got some random shot.

Here's some shot from the trip:

Yotei view

Hirafu nights

Mt. Yotei from Moiwa

That much snow

Iwanai

Chise, Annupuri, yotei

Earning turns

Tracks

Snow& sulphur

Hiking Yotei-Zan

Yotei BC

It stucks everywhere

At the bottom of everything

and here's a short vid:

http://vimeo.com/64296201

Once again thank you SnowJapan for the free pass, it saved my last day, my 21 days pass was long gone so i'd probably had stayed at home packing stuff and spilling tears without it.

I'll try to get a better coverage of my Japowder adventures this winter, really can't wait to get back!!

Thank you guys, hope to get more pics this year, some action one maybe :)

Cheers :thumbsup: . When are you back in Niseko area this time?

i'll be in Niseko from the 13th of January on, for 30 days, then i'll travel a bit, Rishiri and central Hokkaido, for ten days.

You're in the area at that time?

Thank you guys, hope to get more pics this year, some action one maybe :)

Cheers :thumbsup: . When are you back in Niseko area this time?

i'll be in Niseko from the 13th of January on, for 30 days, then i'll travel a bit, Rishiri and central Hokkaido, for ten days.

You're in the area at that time?

Unfortunately timing may be a little out - you may be at Rishiri / Central Hokkaido

We @ Rusutsu from 6th Feb - 10 days then @ Niseko - 10 days

Will have to wait and see what pans out - would have been good to catch up

Yes it looks like i'll be in Rishiri, the mission is not 100% confirmed yet depending on my local friends but i should go. The dates for Rishiri are from 8th till 12th, if i go i'll stay in Niseko a bit less then 30 deys but that island place looks so good....

I thin i'll go to Rusutsu a couple of times the time window is just two days but who knows... If i'll be in Rusutsu from 6th February on i'll send you a pm, it would be definitely good to catch up!