Somebody mentioned speed limits on the highway, and for the most part I agree that 80km is just silly, but some highways are just too curvy that you can't see so far ahead, like in Kobe heading towards Tarumi, so I can see the need for a slower speed limit because there often seem to be fender benders because people drive too fast and can't see what's ahead of them. But, heading out of Kyoto towards Nagoya you can see for kilometers ahead of you! why are they 80 there??? WTF!

Wintervacation, if somebody is going 160 and sitting in the right lane, I have no problems with that! That's cool. Problem is that there are so many tools who sit in the right lane doing 80 or 100 and just slow down traffic because they're not passing people and going the same speed as the car next to them That's what I hate.

On the flip side of people driving so slow on the highways, I hate it when so many cars are doing 50-60 in neighborhoods with kids playing. I don't understand how they think that is ok. They drive too fast in small neighborhoods and too slow on the highway. Can't those ripoff license centers teach anything practical to their students?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad some of my friends drive though

Ah yes driving up close. Hate that. If I'm in a bad mood I'll drive slowly on purpose. Then let them pass and then give them more of the same. I'm not usually in such a bad mood.

Friend just got caught for 'speeding ' through a 30kmh zone at a speed-of-light-like 39kmh.

You'd think they would go after the people whizzing through at 70kmh wouldn't you, there's enough of them.

Following on from my moan about people using high beam on straight roads in inaka, we were driving through heavy sleet today on the highway with visibility down to about 250 meters and only about one car in ten had their lights on. The majority of the cars were white as well :doh:

Funny,,,, Mr wiggles, we were driving to Narita last night and at around 5 when it's getting dark and in driving rain there were numerous cars without their lights on...and this is on the expressway... WTF........tards!!

I also don't understand why people don't put their lights on here at dawn/dusk, or especially when it's raining hard and visibility is poor, which we had several days ago! What's up with that?

Another one is people who drive K-cars like their either a bus, or a Ferrari. Either way it just gets on my nerves. I had a guy so close to my bumper I'm surprised I didn't get hit. I couldn't go any faster because of traffic yet he was swerving side to side and probably a foot off my rear end. I don't get it. I can't go any faster and neither can anybody else. WTF are people thinking. The people who think their kei is a bus also piss me off. One lady couldn't get between two cars when, in reality, I could've gotten a bus through it. The same lady finally turned left onto a big road but turned so slowly and so wide that it took her longer than it really should've. I just don't understand how bad some of these people get an actual license because it's obvious they can't drive for shit. Wait. Just pay two grand and anybody can drive!

A lot of people seem clueless about who has the right of way. It seems like whenever I try to turn right onto a main road and a car coming on the main road wants to turn right into the smaller road I'm on, the car on the main road will stop and wait. Even when there are cars behind them who get held up on that road by them stopping unnecessarily and trying to get a car that doesn't have the right of way to go first, usually without a flash or any signal. It seems like there is some kind of inverse right of way in operation whereby the car on the side road has to go and get out of the way first because the dude on the main road is too hopeless to turn into the other road if a car is standing at the junction. I have much more sympathy for people who have a prang because they get sidetracked or careless than ones that create crappy confusion by thinking they know better than the rules of the road or that it is yasashii to ignore them.

This happens to me most turning right from the road down from Goryu onto the Olympic Road, so the smaller road in that case is about eight meters wide. It also has a stop sign, just to clarify who should be going and who should be stopping.

Ha! Mr Wiggles, I think that is becoming a universal suffering. I can not tell you how many times I have almost been collected at roundabouts by those who errantly believe they have right of way, or have sat shaking my head at those who errantly believe they should give way....

To the point I have actually turned to my student driver son and said "ok help me out here...I am not losing it am I...it is still give way to right in 2013 isn't it?..."

They don't understand how to merge here. Example, if I'm turning left, I stick to the left lane, then merge to the right after. At the same time, they want to turn right and jump all the way into the left lane. If said lane is occupied, they will wait, causing a backup.

They do this turning both ways, and it drives me nuts lol.

• 3 months later...

I have said this before but it pisses me off something bad.

When people who are turning right cut right across the left side of the road they are turning into.

This morning I would have actually been hit by this old dude who I could see what going to cut into the road if I hadn't been on alert and actually quickly reversed a bit.

Damn. :grandpa:

I have said this before but it pisses me off something bad.

When people who are turning right cut right across the left side of the road they are turning into.

This morning I would have actually been hit by this old dude who I could see what going to cut into the road if I hadn't been on alert and actually quickly reversed a bit.

Damn. :grandpa:

Often they'll wait, even though they have right of way, for you to get out of the way. So the traffic gets blocked up on the main road because someone can't turn into a something a full lane wide and the car on the side road has to move despite not having yusen. If you are waiting to go straight on, that means moving directly in front of a car with yusen that should be moving.