So, every morning I have to merge onto Route 1 which is always bumper to bumper and hardly moving. The merge lane is long so each car is merging into traffic one by one in turn... What is it with the driver on the main route who is bound and determined NOT to let you in despite the fact that traffic is literally going 4kms/h. This morning some cheeky little douche in a k car decides to play chicken with me and not let me in. Nope....he isn't backing off and I almost hit him and my bumper is right at his window....balls..

So, I say to myself...OK. I back off and let him go ahead. And then turn on my 8000K HID highbeams, HID fog lamps AND 1500 lumen (holy shit bright) LED offroad light bar...all aimed right through his rear window and rear views. Tortured him for the next ten minutes.. Felt very good!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad some of my friends drive though

Ah yes driving up close. Hate that. If I'm in a bad mood I'll drive slowly on purpose. Then let them pass and then give them more of the same. I'm not usually in such a bad mood.

Oh so many.

I hate the way so many people cut corners when turning into roads. The one time you are there waiting at the junction and they almost chop you in half with their corner cutting.

It all isn't bad though....I like the complimentary hazards flash for a couple beats to say thanks. They don't have that back home.

They have that in Scotland.....but usually it's preceded by lots of nasty looking gestures

;)

I've always acted on the principle that other people care about their car more than I do mine. So if they attempt not to let me in I just pull into the lane anyway. If they don't stop (they always do) I have no problems with hitting their car.

I've always acted on the principle that other people care about their car more than I do mine. So if they attempt not to let me in I just pull into the lane anyway. If they don't stop (they always do) I have no problems with hitting their car.

Ya...usually they capitulate and do the "right thing". I know back home...merging traffic has the right of way but I'd be interested to know if that is the case here. If I had continued to move forward another 20 cms or so in the situation above I would have taken out his passenger window and door on my bumper. Who would have been "more right" in the eyes of the traffic law??

Also,, someone explain to me the rationale behind stopping and leaving three car lengths of space between you and the car in front. And then as soon as the traffic starts moving again you rush up behind that car you left all the space with...... What is that??

People leaving their high beams on permanently in inaka pisses me off the most. If you're a car coming the other way, they usually turn them off, but many won't if you're just a cyclist or someone running with a headlight. In fact, some people turn them on in that situation. If you're running (or cycling) and someone drives past you with high beams on, it blinds you to the extent that you can't see your own feet.

Guilty as charged.... I don't have to use my high beams as the HID bulbs are inherently very bright and have a wider cut off than regular halogens . And being up higher increases the throw even further. I get flashed all the time from people thinking I have my high beams on. Sorry folks...

It all isn't bad though....I like the complimentary hazards flash for a couple beats to say thanks. They don't have that back home.

Truckies here do the fast "left right left" indicator to say thanks for allowing them to pass (especially when I'm towing a caravan) on the highway. I do the same when they move over to allow me past when I'm without a van in tow. Also talk to them on the CB - keeps them awake and gives us both some info about what's going on up/down the road.

Driving a coach in Europe I liked the way that truck and coach drivers would flash their lights once you had passed and it was safe to pull back into the same lane. Made overtaking easier. Especially on the autobahns in Germany, the less time in the fast lane the better.

Back in May when I forgot to renew my drivers license and had to go to traffic school.....I think they showed in the video that just driving in the fast lane with no one around was an infraction....cool. I'm pretty easy on the skinny pedal as I'm built for comfort, not speed....so I stay out of the way as best I can.

This gem cheered up my drive in this morning...had a nice chuckle.

C2CB545E-F78E-4C81-87C1-F40FBA3353FB-11927-000009968C331943_zps91a1ba21.jpg