So which resort in hakuba is best to hold a season pass in? Only here a month but buying a season pass is of sure the cheapest option when i plan on riding basically everyday. I am more in to back country natural hits and drops then park. Cat tracks with hits are fun too. Steeper the better for

The most part. Don't mind traversing for good tree runs. But I'm lazy and on vacation so hiking doest seem to be in the cards unless its something really epic of course. Suggestions please.

So i guess I should say so far the option in leaning toward is buying a

Happo one weekday season pass and either using the weekends as rest days or using the extra yen I save by not buying a regular season pass and going to explore the other resorts.

Happo has too many bumps so I would be more inclined to stay at Tsugaike but depends on whether you want to go out.

I am pretty sure you can get a pass that covers the whole valley

The JTB pass covers all the resorts aside teh big two (goryu/happo) - tsugaike, iwatake, norikura and cortina. Thats an option as well if you like.

There are plenty of hostels. Everywhere. Will find a place after I figure out where I am riding. Better turns is more important then anything else.

if 'better turns' is more important then anything else, dont be buying a season pass and locking yourself into one resort.

when i did a month staying in goryu. i bought their 5 day use anytime pass and then just decided where was best on the day using coupons.

i dont think you'll save much if you buy the happo season pass for example. its 67000 which is 14 days riding to break even.

considering you should be visiting cortina, goryu/47, tsugaike, iwatake for like 5-10 days plus rest days, i think just buying a ticket each time is probably better for more flexibility.

just my 2c from doing a month there.

So the JTB might be the pass to go and then buy single day tix for gory n happo.....depends on if the maths holds up

TB how much was your pass? I am doing 21 Days but the pass is included would be interesting to check out cheaper options for 2015 though

My riding budget for lift ticket is like 700 bucks us or 70,000 yen from today. I rode Happo yesterday snow was great but not alot as far as hits and what not yet. Think it would be better later but at this stage in the season i think goryu and 47 is more my style. Today was epic. Looking Into the 5 day pass and Crunching numbers have to make a choice by tonight. Thanks everyone for your help. Happy seasons.