on a regular day I chill for a while and have a kitkat. but on a primo powder day I dont.

I ride with a camelbak (drinks bladder in a backpack with a tube that rests on my shoulder) so I never have to stop for a drink and carry peanuts, calorie mate, snickers and eat them on the lift or in the gondola.

The thing with a camelbak is you would surprised how much fluid you actually can drink in a day on the snow. 2litres is nothing to drink when you are slowly slipping all the time. I think its a point many people skip over skiing/riding in the mountains, Dehydration.

If you are going hard its easy to get dehydrated without realising it.

Also you would be surprised how many people suddenly become your best buddy on the chair while you are sipping away, and they suddenly get really thirsty :rolleyes:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no but definately need to stop for fluids, snickers and onigiri. Sometimes I find that if its an epic day its better for me to stop for half an hour or so and rehydrate and fuel up so I can enjoy the afternoon better without getting too tired and sucking on the slopes.

cameltoe? - db you are gross :p

I find that if I don't, my girlfriend gets real pissed at me.. so yeah, put me in the yes column. But if it's a real powder day, then I'll push it and 'suggest' we eat a bit faster.

But on the other hand, if it's a real crappy day and there's just crud out there, it's not uncommon for me get a beer and kick back for a while.

-montoya.

like everyone says, if its an epic day I won't go in...always carry a few snickers in my pockets to munch on the lifts...

usually carry a small sandwich/nigiri as well for a quick pitstop...if conditions suck, then I will relax a bit more for lunch...

danz

If I know the snow will last the day then I will take a break.

I usually hang out till everyone else comes back from lunch abd ski school starts again, then take a break, but if the snow is gettign chopped I call it quits for the day then.

Most of the time i do stop for lunch - but thats here in Oz where the snow is not great. On the odd day when it has been epic, i haven't stopped for lunch. Might be the same in Japan!!

Camel toes - sam and i were talking about camel toes the other day with a work mate. Ah funny stuff. I didn't realise that the camel toe phenomenom (spelling??) was known through out the globe!!!!

seemingly like everyone else here, i take a break solely based on conditions, i generally try to hold out, only because I won`t pay the 980 that they charge mid-mountain, and I hate going all the way down to the bottom of 47 unless it is mandatory. So I usually end up riding from 9-2 with no lunch break. The cattle-herd lunch break is ridiculous, but what do I care, shorter lift lines for me, I guess.

The camelback would be good if you could hook it up to a colostomy bag and filtering system. Then you could have a closed-circuit bottomless drinks system.

I like to stop for lunch at 1 pm, but I've started putting strange things from 7-11 in my pockets instead of eating in the smoke chambers. Onigiri don't tend to fair very well in severe wipeouts, although I found that chikua is quite impact resistant. It fills you up nicely too. Snickers are good too, but they can get pretty solid so you lose half the chocolate coating when it falls into your lap.