Well couldnt resist it.

I got a season pass for my daughter and I for sun meadows in Kiyosato just up the road from me.

While I know it is hardly a big resort it is very close and we like the atmosphere there and will allow us to ski a lot this year.

We have joined a local ski group as well which my daughter is looking forward to.

Sun meadows opens Sat 7th Dec weather permitting as they have enough snow so we will be going for our first slide of the season next week.

congrats! but to hijack your thread...

Any fun changes to the JTB pass this year? I bet there bloody is since im miles away! :(

ETA: Found it, looks pretty much exactly the same as last year. Akakura onsen, gala, yuzawa kogen, cortina/norikura, and tsugaike iwatake on the full pass. Also Madarao though. Dunno if that was on last seasons, but it offers something. Its a pity they cant get any of the other myoko resorts on it. Oh and Yomase/X-jam as well as kurohime/iizuna as ever. Basically same same by the looks of things :)

Is it normal for you to need to get a one day pass even if you have a season pass?

So you don't just put the pass in your ticket holder and jump straight on the lifts?

No!

Once you get the season pass that is it, no need to buy any other passes.

And yes you can just put the season pass in your pass holder and hit the lifts.

It may be the case for your place, but I know 2 people who have season passes - one for Maiko Snow Resort - and they need to go and pick up a ticket every time they go.

They cannot just put the season pass in their ticket holder.

Seems that way.

Not a huge sample of course but Maiko doesn't have electronic ticket system. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. If you don't need to exchange for a one day ticket, and just jump on the lifts, there's no record of you using it.

Seems that way.

Not a huge sample of course but Maiko doesn't have electronic ticket system. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. If you don't need to exchange for a one day ticket, and just jump on the lifts, there's no record of you using it.

Teine is all paper too, no electronic tix

Grandeco (paper tickets) also requires stopping in to pick up the day pass, though you can go to a special counter, so it doesn't take any time. (Actually quicker than the regular line, on average.)

Likewise if you use it to get discount tickets at other Tokyu resorts.

I suspect the real reason is to prevent one from using the pass in the morning, then handing it off to a friend in the afternoon.

But the season passes have your photo on it so not easy for someone else to use it if they are asked to show the pass!

Mine has my photo on it so I reckon that is pretty safe that know one else can use it, (Unless they look super handsome like me that is, then that is different) J/K!!