Are you studying Japanese?

Interesting to know if people are studying at the moment.

Mention whether you are living in Japan or not.

And what kind of studying - books on your own? some kind of couse?

I did when I first came here but recently not really done much at all.

Life in general seems to have caught up, though it would in turn be enhance if I could talk more.

I should but I don't. My level is woefully low for how long I've been here.....I speak it everyday in work as the only gaij in school, very few other teachers speak English. I've gotten to a level where my crap Japanese can understand work related things and communicate it in an understandable jumble of Japanese :)

My wife is actually a Japanese teacher so I get mini lessons all the time (whether I want them or not :) ). For how long I've been here I don't think that my level is good enough though. I need to sit down and start cracking a textbook I think. Where I'll find the time to study is a problem though.

I should but I don't. My level is woefully low for how long I've been here.....I speak it everyday in work as the only gaij in school, very few other teachers speak English. I've gotten to a level where my crap Japanese can understand work related things and communicate it in an understandable jumble of Japanese :)

My situation is exactlty the same. I can usually get my point across but my grammar is horrible.

I've recently started studying but not sure how long the motivation will last with winter just aroud the corner.

むかしむかしあるところ SNOWDUDE は 日本語をたくさん勉強しましたけれでも今はぜんぜんしてない!

今は漢字もあまりできないので所がない! でも日本語ちゃんと話せるよ!!!

For those who can't read my crappy Japanese, I said along time ago I studied Japanese a lot, but now I no longer do so, so I can't write kanji very well anymore.

Although I am able to speak good Japanese.

Lots and lots of moaning removed :)

Learn Japanese if youve got **** ALL ELSE going for you and live in japan. Itll keep you in work to retirement :)

My Japanese has become fossilized to a good extent because I haven't cracked a textbook book in years, and I don't write kanji anymore because everything is on a computer or Keitai. It sounds like many of us are in the same boat... I used to know much more back when I made a conscious effort to study, so now when I read articles in Japanese I know the meaning of the kanji but forget it's reading. The last few years I have had a group of students who like to randomly quiz my kanji ability and I quiz them on English vocabulary so that has been my motivation to at least read a little bit the last few years. Interacting with them has made me want to study more again, but I just can't be bothered to make an effort! only read a few articles in Japanese each day or so. I read for about 20-30 minutes at school. It's not much but I think it's better than nothing. That's my excuse :(