Just wondering if Moiwa is typically a foreigner or a local visited resort?

The reason I ask, is I'm trying to figure out which day to visit, and I know the resorts that are popular with locals are a lot busier on weekends.

So is there much of a difference between the crowds on a weekday compared to a weekend for Moiwa? Sunday slots in best in terms of my trip, but I will postpone it if the crowds will be a problem!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks,

It would be great if my whole trip was midweek. However of the 8 days I have, 3 fall on the weekend :friend:

But if Moiwa is predominately locals then I'll try and go mid-week. I suppose Niseko is going to be just as crowded any day, so I may as well spend the weekends there, and then do my side trips (I plan for Kiroro & Moiwa) during the week.

Cheers

I went there just once on saturday, on one of the rare bluebird day, in early february. the back bowls in Annupuri were super busy, that's why my friends (japanese locals) chose to hit Moiwa. It was crowded for the size of the resort, lot of gaijin. It was ok till lunch tho, and you could find nice spots even later. So i'm pretty sure on weekdays it will be nice over there. Some short but steep run too.

If you know where to go you can reach Moiwa from the back bowls, and go back to Annupuri, it's a good run