Having been once I doubt I'd go back.....it's dirty, smelly and outside the resort areas it's pretty god damn poor. The scenery is nice, the food is ok.....it's cheap as anything when u are there, there are some beautiful beaches but Nothing outstanding that I couldn't get in another place in SE-Asia.

Also it's like the Aussie benidorm :(

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be careful of all that pounding in the shower.....you could slip...

Slightly off subject, but we just got our first electric bill and even though we have a 100Amp ring main have our electric storage heaters running 24/7 and the ventilation system running 24/7 too plus

Having been once I doubt I'd go back.....it's dirty, smelly and outside the resort areas it's pretty god damn poor. The scenery is nice, the food is ok.....it's cheap as anything when u are there, there are some beautiful beaches but Nothing outstanding that I couldn't get in another place in SE-Asia.

Also it's like the Aussie benidorm :(

Don't agree with the Benidorm bit. There are massively more upscale hotels in Bali than anything there is in the brit holes.

The scenery is nice, food is a bit shit but otherwise well 'ard.

We went to Bali 15 years ago so I don't know about now, but back then you could avoid 99% of the idiots by simply not going to Kuta. Bali's Hindu, so its a got a different feel to the rest of Indo.

fwiw, my folks, who aren't exactly hippies or big time charlies, went to Ibiza in their 60s and they reckoned you only had to be a few miles away from everyone 'aving it large with Pete Tong to find yourself in an amazing historic old town. There were also traditional villages with folks carrying stuff up narrow paths on donkeys. They said it was nicer than some of the "the real Spain" type posh holiday programmes they'd seen on tv.

Is it this one rach?

http://panasonic.jp/.../jl10t2_jl15t2/

top_main01.jpg

I was thinking about this again because I've been looking at AV stuff to set up a home theatre, but the above gadget appears to be a variant of a DLNA server recorder and a DLNA client tablet for playback. In fairness to it, the playback tablet is big at 15 inch and waterproof, and the two devices can establish a direct wireless connection for folks without a wireless LAN. For folks with one, they can also connect via an existing LAN using Pana's version of DLNA, indicated as "o-heya jump link" in the image.

I mention this because from what I've seen, pretty much every blu-ray/HDD recorder made by Sony or Pana in the last few years has the same DLNA server function. I'm sure a lot of you folks with Sky Perfect and the ability to record it will already have that kind of recorder. This means that all you need is a DLNA client app and any tablet or smartphone you have should be able to play back stuff you've recorded off the tv. The same should apply to any computer on the same network. It looks like I'll be able to do it too with the blu-ray recorder I'm going to use with my projector.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went to Bali 15 years ago so I don't know about now, but back then you could avoid 99% of the idiots by simply not going to Kuta. Bali's Hindu, so its a got a different feel to the rest of Indo.

fwiw, my folks, who aren't exactly hippies or big time charlies, went to Ibiza in their 60s and they reckoned you only had to be a few miles away from everyone 'aving it large with Pete Tong to find yourself in an amazing historic old town. There were also traditional villages with folks carrying stuff up narrow paths on donkeys. They said it was nicer than some of the "the real Spain" type posh holiday programmes they'd seen on tv.

There are plenty nature on Bali. Head to beyond Ubud, skip the monkey forest and out onto the rice paddies.

A friend of a friend owns some hotels and restaurants in Ubud, he showed us some amazing countryside. I still wouldn't go back though. Too much of the world to see and I'm not that interested in how people meek out a living on some plantation.

Bali is one of those places that I'm just not interested in.

I went to Ibiza when I was a student. I was still a good party place, but before it became what it is now. Would be interesting to go back. Maybe.

Once it get hot I'll really go off the idea of hot baths.

Nice cool shower will be the order if the day. Two (or three) times!