• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be careful of all that pounding in the shower.....you could slip...

Slightly off subject, but we just got our first electric bill and even though we have a 100Amp ring main have our electric storage heaters running 24/7 and the ventilation system running 24/7 too plus

I should try to find those. I guess they'd be at the local grocery with soaps? Any names you can throw out for me to look at?

My bath is out of commission currently due to a cracked pipe, but repairs are in progress and I'm looking forward to a hot soak again after a good shred session.

Did you end up keeping the water daily or redrawing the water? I have to drain it, as apparently that's how one of my lines busted >.<

Yes look where other bath-related stuff is.

The kanji you are looking for on them all is:

入浴剤

There's all sorts of stuff on the packet about how all the illnesses/conditions they are good for but I just like them for the colours and smells.

:)

Man...I'm tortured by those bath salts. Admittedly it's nice from time to time....kinda like walking through the duty free perfume and makeup shops at the airport...you know,, like once a year. But my wife and daughter put that stuff in the bath ...all the friggin time ......!! No thanks!

Its not so good to reheat. The heater is used to keep the bath water heated at the desired temp for the whole family nightly bath. I prefer the Onsen due to the male camaraderie when traveling alone. When I first started to used the local Onsens a man offered to wash my back. I excepted and wash his back as well. I realise that this is a common practice. It promoted conversation and friendship. If I travel with my girlfriend we always book a room with a Onsen or hotel were you can both used a private Onsen. There no better way of relaxing while your girlfriend of wife washes you and you in turn wash them prior to entering the Onsen.

Man...I'm tortured by those bath salts. Admittedly it's nice from time to time....kinda like walking through the duty free perfume and makeup shops at the airport...you know,, like once a year. But my wife and daughter put that stuff in the bath ...all the friggin time ......!! No thanks!

:lol:

I feel like a bath isn't complete without them now!

Have been on the daily bath train for 3 weeks after my recent cycling misadventure ( I lost a LOT of skin and flesh on the left arm and leg, meaning a shower was not possible )

While I have enjoyed the daily soak in a good steaming hot bath, and it is very relaxing & soothing, I had my first shower yesterday and it was absolute bliss.

Somehow the experience of simmering in a soup comprised of your own filth just does not compare to washing your cares down the drain shower style......

You're right the soaking part is quite nice, really enjoyed the relaxation aspect of the onsen experience when in Japan ( shower first ) and plan to do a lot more of it when i get back there.

But for home & general cleansing I am a shower guy - mainly for the convenience

dude-are-you-gay.jpg

;) :wave:

dude-are-you-gay.jpg

;) :wave:

No.

No scratching of male backs here.