• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be careful of all that pounding in the shower.....you could slip...

Slightly off subject, but we just got our first electric bill and even though we have a 100Amp ring main have our electric storage heaters running 24/7 and the ventilation system running 24/7 too plus

The villa we stayed in Bali for our honeymoon had the big bath run for us arriving and it was covered in rose petals of different colours in a heart shape.......have to say it was pretty damn nice bathing in that :)

I've spent a few hols at the Hyatt, the club med, and for taking it quiet, Ubud Amandari. That place is just quiet with magnificent views and wild monkey noises. Not unlike a night club, but without the drums.

I've been to Ubud, with my ex back in about 1998. I just had a look on tripadvisor and the place we stayed was rated #7! It has since expanded to become a chain that now has many of the top spots. It's called the Komaneka. It was something like $200 a night and had the four poster bed and the big bathroom with a sunken bath. The main thing I can remember is going to see a Balinese funeral, which was like a big festival. That and ordering the local speciality somewhere that proved to be a whole roast duck.

After Ubud, we went down to Sanur and stayed at some Marriot type big hotel where the room was dank from the sea air. The beach was hawker free, but it had little else to recommend it. It looks like its changed its name since then. According to Trip Advisor, Sanur now has a place called the "Swastika Bungalows", and on the 0.00001% chance of me going back to Sanur, that's where I'd stay. Jawohl mein Herr!