I hope you don't think I was trying to circumvent the rules. Is the ban just for links? Can somebody just say the name? I mean we do see a lot of call Burton for this or check yahoo auctions for that and such.

in a word, no. Craigslist is really your only shot. Here isnt all that effective. Or at least it hasnt been for me, tubby, and mick. We've all tried shifting boards here, theyre still sitting on theirs... but that might be because we're kinda the market for those boards, so unless its swap shop they aint going anywhere. Beacons and avi gear is slightly different. I did offload my beacon. But it was mega cheap. Which is another thing: Despite the reality of what you pay to get your gear in Japan, you will still be expected to sell it at or below US second hand prices if you want to move it.

So dirt cheap. Or get a friend to move it on yahoo auctions. But dont expect much there either. My Slasher got 25,000, the riot got 12K, a BRAND NEW capita SMF got 10k. I did try to get fair market value on them, but it was mid-late season and that obviously helped scupper things.

It really boggles the mind that stuff here is ubber expensive and that there isn't really a secondary market. I'm lucky, I have access to U.S. ebay because of Misawa Air Force base USPS post office. I guess I'll keep on using that. I'm also thinking about just putting up a sign on my windshield. Hakkoda is a very laidback sort of dojo :D

It would be a great service to the community if the moderators would allow one thread at the begining of the season to help members sort their gear ;)

Selling it in Japanese would be the only real market for it. If you wait for the season (now, or a couple months ago), you MIGHT get a painful but acceptable price at a second-hand store. I just sold a 2004 (2004!!!) custom for 1800yen, wohoo. i was just glad i didnt have to pay to get rid of it. the attached bindings (2010) got me closer to 7k, not bad for almost no effort.

tl;dr second-hand store is the only way to get rid of something quickly