Japan's most famous snow icon - the Emergency Telephone Box 13/14 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Hyst.

The situation as at Sunday 9th March 2014 - photograph courtesy of onehunga photographic services, Yokohoma.   .

no their is only one

although that was quite amusing

So is a hairy monster on ski isn,t considered. Gee your ruff on Skiers

I think he is saying that the only Japan snow icon is the phone box.

Been quite cold here except for this past couple of days, but very dry. We have several days where snow has fallen, but only been flurries or light showers here. Last week 4 out of 7 days it snowed, but not enough to accumulate all except one day where we had a little.

I was expecting it to be either very cold and snowy or very warm and not snowy depending on which way the weather went. Instead it has just been cold, although far from very cold just quite cold for this area. Lowest we got down to here was -14 one night other wise mostly around the -8 - -11 mark, which so I have been told is not that cold for this area.

Last year was very snowy here and colder, so the locals tell me. And when ever we came here there was always snow on the ground.

February and March could offer an interesting bite though.

Looks like all the cold and snow is over US and Canada and eastern Europe this year.

I see even Florida had snow yesterday.

But this is all part of a new ice age, which has already started, but is in its early stages and will continue to develop more over the coming years, creating more unstable weather patterns as many parts of the earth continues to cool more and more.

Its a bit depressing this year so far - I've been itching to get out the last two weekends but not much snow fall so I didn't bother. This coming weekend is also not looking too great. Also bad for many of us is that the snow when has hit has often come on weekdays when we can't get to the slopes. Here's hoping for a much improved February and March.

At least it looks like there's a decent cold snap on its way for next week.

I was up at Whistler two weekends ago. Both mountains are entirely open but they haven't gotten a ton of snow. Some rocks poking through in a few places. All of the western North America is not having a good season so far.