Japan's most famous snow icon - the Emergency Telephone Box 13/14 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• SnowJapan Admin

We missed the snowfall the other day but there's still a bit hanging around the base of the famous telephone box.

A rainy day here today, but I noticed that last year's thread was also started on 15th November.

May the box be completely covered this year.

(For newcomers, last year's fantastic and thoroughly exciting thread is here)

gallery_5151_19_228826.jpg

gallery_5151_19_70223.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Hyst.

The situation as at Sunday 9th March 2014 - photograph courtesy of onehunga photographic services, Yokohoma.   .

I think what we need is a bit of luck with timing.

We need relentless heavy snowfall in a period of a week or two, when all of the snow moving machines are busy doing more important things.

It's when there's a long break and they can catch their breath and can start doing other things (like this) when there's a good chance of them spoiling the fun.

Obviously I want about 4 hours about 3-4 days a week of brilliant sunshine early in the morning, so I can go out and take pics!

I think what we need is a bit of luck with timing.

We need relentless heavy snowfall in a period of a week or two, when all of the snow moving machines are busy doing more important things.

It's when there's a long break and they can catch their breath and can start doing other things (like this) when there's a good chance of them spoiling the fun.

Here's hoping!

We missed the snowfall the other day but there's still a bit hanging around the base of the famous telephone box.

A rainy day here today, but I noticed that last year's thread was also started on 15th November.

May the box be completely covered this year.

(For newcomers, last year's fantastic and thoroughly exciting thread is here)

gallery_5151_19_228826.jpg

Much more of a snowbank there than last year at this time:

gallery_4338_85_271574.jpg