Was just wondering which was the fave ski jo in Hakuba for many people on here?

And why?

:thumbsup:

For me, I like 47 best. Not keen on Happo for the times I have been there have just been too many moguls. And I prefer the 47 side to Goryu, even though I suppose they can count as one.

Skiing:

Photos:

47 and the top bit of Happo (with 50m of naughty walking essential)

Stunning views and シャッターチャンス from the top left lift and top of Happo aside, I can't say I'm really keen on it.

Haven't been to Cortina or Iwatake or Norikura yet.

Went to Tsugaike once but it wasn't good conditions and bad weather, I need to go back on a good day to get a better feel for it.

Have had awesome days in the back bowl of iwatake and the associated trees there, and some pow over skyline way at happo days after the storm had roller away.

47 goyru I found really boring, but then again I'm not a park rat.

I think if I spent a season the answer would be 47/Goryu.

But due to the conditions and days that I had in my short two trips I'd have to say its a toss up between Iwatake and Cortina.

On both occasions there was a lot shut because of so much snow and visibility was not awesome, but the woohoo factor was off the charts.

Without the described conditions I think 47/Goryu will have more to offer interest wise.

I didn't mean a whole season lapping the one resort.

I meant that my experience was limited, and that I think if I had done more time (like a season, or regular visits over a few years) 47/Goryu would be my fave averaged over all conditions.

Difficult question!! Depends on conditions, who you're riding with, etc, etc. Went to Cortina once but was riding solo so missed most if not all of the sweet spots. Have had fun at both Iwatake and Tsugaike despite poor conditions. Hated the bottom half of Happo but loved the top. But have had the most fun at Goryu/47, though admittedly that was the other side of the ropes! :ashamed: