Hi all,

I'm considering booking accommodation at Annupuri, and just hoping for some advice from the Niseko experienced. I will be spending 8 days somewhere in Niseko. My main priority is to find as many untracked powder runs (preferably in trees) as possible. It doesn't have to be super deep, or steep. I am quite experienced, but definitely no expert. I am wanting to go off-piste a bit, but nothing too hectic or that requires massive hiking. I don't mind other people being around, just want freshies :-) Don't give a rats about jumps/board parks etc.

My main reason for wanting to stay at Annupuri over Hirafu is that I think I will have more chance of freshies, due to: a) less people than Hirafu, and 2) Access closed in high winds. I might be lucky enough to get freshies all day with access blocked off to the Hirafuians. Am I wrong in my thinking? I know Annupuri is smaller than Hirafu, so does the smaller size make up for the less people? Am I just as likely to get freshies in Hirafu as I am Annupuri?

My main concern with Annupuri is lack of facilities/choice. I am going with a few mates, so wouldn't mind a couple of choices of bars and cheap eating. We don't need good nightlife, but a bar or two is neccesasary. Budget eating is important, too. Also, we would like to visit at least one of Moiwa/Rusutsu or Kiroro. Are there cheapish options of doing day trips direct from Annupuri. Shuttle/car/bus or a mix of? Is there reasonably priced hire gear available? We will have boards, but want to bigger powder boards. Are cheap guided tours of the mountain available in Annupuri to show me how to best avoid the crowds?

Is there anything else I should consider? I know I can board the whole moutain, but I'm just trying to decide between Hirafu and Annupuri based on my priority of making fresh tracks in powder. Variety isn't a massive concern (I only have 8 days). It doesn't need to be super steep or super deep (in fact, it is probably better that it isn't).

Cheers,