You can no doubt get English babysitting for kids in Niseko, so that's a big plus for folks coming from overseas.

For ordinary folks in Tokyo, I'd go to Gunma or Niigata with kids. Less travelling and not completely freezing, so you can get em outside longer. Better snow too.

for making snowballs and snowmen :p

What's not to love about Niseko? .....and it often feels like it just doesn't stop snowing.

That, perhaps.

Not everyone wants it snowing all the time.

I want it to snow a lot, of course, but not all the time. That time being when I am out there.

30cm every night please.

Ok, so you're thinking blizzard, while I'm just thinking constant snowfall. I think they're quite different, don't you? I don't want lifts shut or visibility to be zero, because then we can't really consider it skiing. Just that nice constant snowfall while skiing and riding the lifts is very peaceful.

I would guess that the majority of people at a skijo would prefer clearer weather while they are actually there.

Not me of course. I want a blizzard to ski in, naked of course.

:party:

Niseko has plenty of beginner slopes, and I beleive in Hirafu there are ski lessons available with english spekaing instructors.

Only been there once but there definitely was a lot of snow falling ( often this was combined with the dreaded wind - shutting down the gondola and top mountain lifts).

This did kind of limit our exploration a bit as we would've had to catch the bus to get around to other resorts...

Out of 12 days we had one bluebird - having said that, there was only one day when I would consider it was true "white out" conditions.

Plenty of low visibility days due to copious amounts of snow fall but I'll take that over a bluebird anytime. :lol:

It is nice to get a view, especially when the snow is also good.

We were at niseko for over a week before we saw the top of the mountain and the view of Yotei - the sunny day did lift our spirits quite a bit and the view is awe inspiring.

It seems that harsh weather saps your energy quicker....

Rather than just kids lessons, Niseko will have full on babysitting in English so in that sense its good for parents.

However, I'm pleased I don't have to wrap my kids up for -10C to -20C very often. It's easier to get them outside for longer when it isn't that cold. Compared to adult gear, kids gear isn't very good.

Kids gear should be BETTER...silly really.

Niseko, we all know I love the place, but maybe March or April for little kiddies, its warmer, its sunnier, there is a tonne of snow to play in but less white out days, more bluebirds.