Dunno. I don't think it's a name change.

The multiday pass that overseas visitors can buy now also covers the Otari and Omachi resorts, I believe, so this might have something to do with them being included in that. I don't think the expression "Hakuba Valley" means anything to Japanese people.

fwiw, I don't think there is that much benefit to buying such a ticket, but a lot of customers come on packages and a lot of them like everything to be included because that is the norm for many packages elsewhere. Lots of people go on ski holidays without going anywhere near websites like this one or other ski forums, so they just expect things to be like other ski destinations.

I went to Tsugaike a few times last year and saw hardly any gaijin. A distinct lack of BOOK NOW. You see far more at Iwatake.

NPD (Nippon Parking Development) with their subsidiary NSD have re-branded Happo, Tsugaike and Iwatake all with Hakuba Valley at the front.

But i am not too sure if the other companies that own Tsugaike have rebranded...

And Mr Wiggles is right previously it was the Happy 7 Pass(just Hakuba), then All Mountain Pass (Hakuba & Otari) and now Hakuba Valley Pass(Hakuba, Otari & Omachi)

Free shuttle buses this year to Omachi (Kashimayari & Jigatake)

NPD (Nippon Parking Development) with their subsidiary NSD have re-branded Happo, Tsugaike and Iwatake all with Hakuba Valley at the front.

But i am not too sure if the other companies that own Tsugaike have rebranded...

And Mr Wiggles is right previously it was the Happy 7 Pass(just Hakuba), then All Mountain Pass (Hakuba & Otari) and now Hakuba Valley Pass(Hakuba, Otari & Omachi)

Free shuttle buses this year to Omachi (Kashimayari & Jigatake)

When the owner was the subsid of Tokyu, the three were "Hakuba Alpine Resort", so maybe just a little rebrand of that. One more stop on the way to Further.

top10_kesey_bus.jpg

not actually polled but sometimes i get a call asking "what do you think about this?"

I think whatever I say it wouldn't make any iota on the outcome!