Hey cold boyz/gurlz,

I'm trying to find accommodation in Appi. I've dug up the Pension Village, except from what I can see, nowhere will do a single bed for less than 8,000 yen a night.

Am I missing something? Even in Niseko I found a reasonable bed for about 5000. Can anyone recommend anything?

THANKS!

• SnowJapan Admin

I don't know if you have tried Pension Mutti listed on our Places to Stay section....

Would obviously be nice to have more of a selection there!

People who are quite new to the forums! please read our guidelines regarding links.

http://www.snowjapan...nes-the-basics/

Thanks.

Sorry! It is the official website of Appi Kogen though - thought it would be ok...

Never again!

I don't know if you have tried Pension Mutti listed on our Places to Stay section....

Would obviously be nice to have more of a selection there!

Yes sadly - Mutti will only do 2-people to a room. For a poor lonely lad, we're talking having to pay for both beds.

Anyone want to share? I don't smell too badly. Also lil miss slagfart exists - no touchy!

Curious: why Appi Kogen?

Fair call! I'm taking the train up from Tokyo to Sapporo, and I'm doing a couple of days at Zao. From what I've read, Appi seems better than Zao in most respects.

Is there somewhere better in the area? I've got almost 50 days, so I'm hitting, in order, Hakuba, Myoko, Zao, Appi, Hakkoda (1 day), Furano, Kiroro, Rusutsu, Niseko. It's sorta like a big path, and I'm solo after Myoko and before Niseko.

So - should I go somewhere else? Shizukuishi is in the same direction as Appi, but I've read that it gets icy - yuck!

Fair call! I'm taking the train up from Tokyo to Sapporo, and I'm doing a couple of days at Zao. From what I've read, Appi seems better than Zao in most respects.

Is there somewhere better in the area? I've got almost 50 days, so I'm hitting, in order, Hakuba, Myoko, Zao, Appi, Hakkoda (1 day), Furano, Kiroro, Rusutsu, Niseko. It's sorta like a big path, and I'm solo after Myoko and before Niseko.

So - should I go somewhere else? Shizukuishi is in the same direction as Appi, but I've read that it gets icy - yuck!

Wow :veryshocked: that is ambitious. For me, that would be over kill. But hey, do it while you're young.

How about hitting somewhere in Fukushima before Zao?

Just to say you did it.

(For snow quality, Grandeco or Nekoma. For history or size, Inawashiro or Alts.)