I use an app called MapMyRide to keep track of my bike rides. Gives a lot of useful info, avg speed, distance, even elevation. Has anyone used an app to track their skiing/boarding. Any recommendations?

If the resorts had their own apps it would be a heap better.

You can turn off the roaming data and it will only use the GPS. That then plots all the data later on when you find some wifi.

as far as I know, I have unlimited data.....but I've been reading abroad that companies are starting to cut that back......have we been stealthily cut as well?? Is my bill going to be a monster anytime soon?

There's one called ski tracks that I've seen....dunno how good it is tho

I use MapMyRide for cycling and it is awesome. I use Ski Tracks for snowboarding, touring and snowshoe hiking an it is equally as awesome!

Thanks for the advice, I've checked out the reviews for ski tracks and it sounds good. Will give it a try (not until Feb though)

Maybe they changed it. It was about 100 yen last year. Still free or paid I would recommend it. Made for some fun spring boarding with my mates seeing who could record the fastest max speed.

I use Mytracks for cycling, but haven't ever considered one for skiing. Why do you need one for skiing? Know how much vert you skied? Speed? Distance? What's the appeal?

Pretty much what you asked

I uploaded some photos of one of my sessions last year. I cant embed the photos on my phone. I will fix them later when i get home from work.

gallery_11825_225_24677.jpeg

gallery_11825_225_22637.jpeg

gallery_11825_225_24583.jpeg

Had some great days out there myself Kansaiash. Thigh deep, and not many people there skiing trees, so just perfect. Interesting application.

Had some great days out there myself Kansaiash. Thigh deep, and not many people there skiing trees, so just perfect. Interesting application.

Yea me too. I will be heading back there again this year. I hope its just as good.

Max speed 97.4 km/h.  Are you sure.

Not sure how accurate it is. This was in spring at the end of a 30 day season so I had plenty of confidence. pretty much straight lining down most of the fresh groomers. Ive also seen a friend clock around 110km/h with the same app.
  • Like 1

Max speed 97.4 km/h. Are you sure.

Not sure how accurate it is. This was in spring at the end of a 30 day season so I had plenty of confidence. pretty much straight lining down most of the fresh groomers. Ive also seen a friend clock around 110km/h with the same app.

Well bloody hell, if that app can do that, I'm getting it.