Since this is my first winter living in the snow, I'm uber excited for the start of the season.....more so than usual. Today I finally got my shit together and bought myself a K-Winter Pass that allows me to ride at Sapporo Teine, Rusutsu, Sahoro, Yubari and Nakayama Toge. Cost me 7 man, which is not too shabby I reckon. I think it also includes free shuttle bus rides from Teine station or Miyanosawa station up to Teine ski resort which is great for me cos I don't have my own transport.

Anyone else get themselves a season pass?

There is early bird. I got it last year but I cant remember how much it was.

Yubari is a bit meh, a stopover on your way to Tomamu. Quite busy. Check the old james bond poster on the front of the building lol

Sahoro has some great sections with decent pitch right up the top, spindly trees are a little tight though. Literally nobody there.

Teine rules, got to get there early to get first tracks in the back bowls.

Rusutsu, wouldnt bother with it, nothing much to see there.

7 man is the early bird price. I reckon it's a good price for a November to May (June last year) season and 5 hills.

I've got the K Pass too. Should be a decent crew riding Teine this winter!

I would probably get that.

For me, I like to go to a different place every day.

There seems to be less 'choice' in Hokkaido of places clustered together like here, where it is very easy to do that.

Given your example of a 4 month season and only being able to ski weekends mean 4x4x2=32 days.

And a modest lift price of 3,000 Yen per day, that would be 96,000.

7 man for the K-pass is almost a giveaway.

Well as I too now live very near two ski resorts and quite near to a cluster of others, I am considering getting a season pass then I can hit the slopes every week without fail then.

I do like to visit other places too, instead of just being at one or two places the who season, but when you live just 10 mins drive from a ski resort the season pass is very tempting, something I need to look into very very soon if I go for that, before they bump the prices up.

Well as I too now live very near two ski resorts and quite near to a cluster of others, I am considering getting a season pass then I can hit the slopes every week without fail then.

I do like to visit other places too, instead of just being at one or two places the who season, but when you live just 10 mins drive from a ski resort the season pass is very tempting, something I need to look into very very soon if I go for that, before they bump the prices up.

yeah I like to hit lots of different places too, but Teine does nighta and I reckon I'll head along there sometimes and have a slide so that means I can get my money's worth for the pass and still be able to try out other places