I'm rushing off to the post office tomorrow to buy the 256 nengajo that I need this year.

If I include all my Twaitter followers, I'll need to get 257!

Jolly exciting though, them on sale, isn't it.

:party:

I have been carefully planning my message for this year.

It has to be original and fun, with an element of surprise, whilst at the same time remain respectful and not over the top extreme.

It has to reflect the issues of the year, and thoughts and wishes for the year ahead.

There can be no fannying about with too many flowery or insincere words, it has to be heartfelt.

今年もよろしくお願いします

I'm quite pleased with it.

Lol! Pie, That is exactly the same message as I write on my all of 5 or so cards that I may be bothered to send. And is very similar indeed to what my wife writes on her 150 or so cards which she always sends in the new year.

Doesn't everyone write the same or very similar message? Or do some people here actually write an individual message or should I say (type).

I started getting a load of work off one company I hadn't heard from for ages, so I don't think they are completely useless. I do find it a pain making them, but most of that was in getting to get my old printer to produce decent colours. People with kids or something else to show you (dog, Harley Davidson, photos they've taken etc.) usually make a bit of an effort, but the standard ones just with yoroshiku are bit pointless. There are much better raffle tickets people could send you.

To me sending cards xmas or new year cards is just a hassle.

People have my email address, that is the ones I don't mind being contacted by, friends well I see them anyway, why do I need to send them a card, business associates/contacts they get an email greeting from me.

Family they get an email card, I may even buy and send them a card if I can find a decent xmas card, which without actually going to Tokyo is near on impossible in Japan to find anything worth sending.

I like to send cards, but I don't have physical addresses of my friends. It'a all phone numbers and email addresses. And the email addresses are getting scarcer as evereybody is using whatsapp, Line, Wechat etc.