• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no, it's good for a lot of things.

Just because you don't use it for them (or don't know about them), don't mean it's useless.

Well no, I didn't say it was useless now did I?

My advice is to use rice cooker if you want to take advantage of its various functions, and to not use one if you don't.

:thumbsup:

As a side note, I think Shinzo Abe almost certainly uses a rice cooker, and so it sounds like a jolly good idea to me.

Ours cost about 35000 yen when we bought it five years ago.

It uses pressure induction heating has a thick gold teflon bowl and do you know what rice from that does not taste any bettet than from a cheap one.

It is all a big con.

But having more expensive rice cooker means you have more functions to be able to cook diferent types of rice in different ways.

The biggest taste difference is in the water and rice.

Niigata koshihikari rice cooked using Niigata water tastes delicious even when coked in an old crappy rice cooker.

The same rice cooked in Yamanashi water did not taste as good dispite us having a really good rice cooker.

Yamanashi Koshihikari brand of rice cooked in our water is really tasty.

yeah that's what I mean. I know of some good bakers that do a great crusty white loaf......but finding one that does a good granary loaf is difficult. Bread from the supermarket is absolute crud